Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tyre Wear

coolrides

looked at my front tyres yesterday to find they very thin on the inside edges. i know this is a prob on is200 but just had my geo done and i would say the damage was done before. if i get a new set will i need the geo re done for the new tyres?

i will try get them to throw in a setting for free with 4 new tyres.

looked at my front tyres yesterday to find they very thin on the inside edges. i know this is a prob on is200 but just had my geo done and i would say the damage was done before. if i get a new set will i need the geo re done for the new tyres?

i will try get them to throw in a setting for free with 4 new tyres.

Did you get your geo done by WIM ? Or by someone else ? If it wasn't WIM, did they really do it properly ?

Once your geo is set then getting new tyres (of the same size) won't affect it. It should only be if you really whack your wheels on something in the road that it could knock it out, or if you go in for major lowering or other suspension modifications. All you should need with new tyres is wheel balancing.

That's my understanding, anyway, I'm sure Tony will be along to correct me if I'm talking rubbish :D

The Lexus OEM settings are the problem, wherever you have the geo done, make sure they use the settings Tony from WIM has set up - they're in the knowledgebase on here..........

Also make sure you have a full geo done, and not just a 4 wheel alignment :)

yea i have it pretty heavily lowered and i used the settings tony recomended but as i say the tyres were more than likely already shot. what i am saying is would tyres worn at one side knock off the reading of the machine that they use to set the geo.

not sure to stay with 40 series tyers or set of 35 series 18" rim

The tyre condition won't affect the Geometry readings.... I think the wear you can see now was done before the Geometry was set.

tony this is prob a silly question but is it safe to stretch tyres to fit a wider rim. i have been told by a tyre dealer he could stretch a set of 215 35 18s on to my rims. the tyre that is on the car is 225 40 18. whats your verdict. sounds fishy to me.

i have seen it on show cars but i would drive pretty hard sometimes and would not like a tyre to leave a rim because of somet stupid like it should not have been on there

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links