Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

That can't be true...

Leexus

I went to the general Lexus & Toyota importer for Austria yesterday. And I have to say, I was

very disappointed. I wanted to get in touch with the SC430 or even the IS300...but there

were only 3 Lexus in the showroom...and all used cars (IS200, GS300, LS400). Then I talked

to a dealer. I asked him about TTE stuff (bodykit, springs, dampers and the TTE compressor)

and he told me something really weird. He said that the TTE compressor doesn't suit an IS200

with MT...only suits an IS with AT! And when I asked why? He said "It will blow the engine." :o

I got curious. Therefor I asked him why it will blow a MT engine. His answer was soo weird

that I didn't even understand what he was talking about. I'm not very into these technical

things...but I'm pretty sure that he was talking bullsh*t. Am I right?

[Edited on 26-3-2002 by Leexus]

[Edited on 26-3-2002 by Leexus]

I've also been told by my local dealer that engines have been known to fail after fitting of the 'kompressor' kit.

Whether they were just referring to the one TDI fitted using old instructions (cut the fuel at red line or something) i'm not sure.

I do remember a statement from Lexus that the reason for not offering the IS300 in 6 speed manual form was that the transmission couldn't take the extra power.

So, while i'm very tempted by the TTE kit, i think my main concern would be the longevity of the transmission rather than the engine blowing. That and i don't want to lose my license again :)

L8r all

Tony Goose

TTE, Team Toyota Europe, is not going to endorse something that will damage car. I have spoke to them many times and they state that the compressor will not affect life of car in anyway. The reason Lexus wont fit it is :

1. The Japanese get very funny and tempremental about having their car modified.

2. It would out price the IS300 with its power and performance.

3. Lexus is a Luxury mark, but they have been considering a Standard IS200 for sale all kitted out with compressor/ body kit. It means they could sell it for more than having the kit as an extra.

there are a few myths being generated over the reliability,of the supercharger,having spoke with a pal of mine at TTE,out of all the kits that have been sold around the world to date there has been 3 failiures, 1 supercharger unit,1 engine,and a ecu unit,all these failiures were replaced under warrenty.

the g-box has been tested and is known to be reliable upto and including 250 bhp,whereafter the selector 's need replacing with stronger items...........

i would not belive anything a UK dealer says about the supercharger,it is after all possibly theres/lexus GB Reluctance to supply the unit that these scaremongering rumours started..

just a little side note..

the original TTE supercharger was tested on a UK car at LEXUS MILTON KEYNES,and MILLBROOK PROVEING GROUND..............it was lexus UK that initiated the possibility to supply a supercharged car,

then thinking the idea did not fit the Lexus image and costs pulled the plug,leaving TTE with hundreds of kits,which were then offered to the rest of the Toyota Group

just my 2p worth

its funny you say about the S/C kit only being suitable for the auto model, in The Netherlands you can get the S/C as an extra but only to the auto model they will not even entertain the idea of fitting one to a manual.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links