Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Been Sent Wrong Part By 24/7 Spares/need A Part Ltd

hodaz

Unfortunately its in the small print in their terms and conditions that I agreed to when I subtmitted the quote, ie by signing for the goods (or appointing a representative to sign for the goods on my behalf) I am accepting them.

I will have a look to see if their is any regulations relating to this.

Sorry, that's rubbish too IMHO. It might say that but they can't hold you to it. So when you receive a delivery you're supposed to open it all up and check they're the right items ?

Sure, you're accepting the goods and that they haven't been damaged in transit. But that is on the assumption that they've sent you the right things. Because they've sent you the wrong items, they're in breach of contract.

You're spot on Steve. Nowhere in their T&C's does it say that by signing for the delivery I become fully liable and responsble for the contents of it. All I am signing when I sign for the dlivery is to say that it arrived and upon initial inspection were not damaged by the delivery company.

Using this against me is unlawful, and their is no way I am being liable for a single penny of the cost to return the item. I will speak to consumer direct and the credit card company and see if there is anything I can do.

They have breached a contract that we both agreed too, and that I have in writing, and I shouldn't be liable for any costs because of this.

Happy days!!

Spoke to credit card company (Capital One) and transaction has now been placed in dispute.

I need to write a letter to Need A Part, with all my evidence, copy Capital One in, and as of the day they recieve the letter they have 14 days to collect the wheels at my convenience, otherwise I get the money back and keep the wheels.

Advice: Alway pay for everything by credit card :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have the money back through the credit card (Capital One disputes team were excellent, very effecient and very helpful), and the breakers yard have made no attempt to come and collect the wheels despite me emailing them to ask when they are going to pick them up.

Anyone know how long I need to wait before I sell them on? I dont want to have to keep them forever, although technically they'll never be mine to sell :huh:

Well I have the money back through the credit card (Capital One disputes team were excellent, very effecient and very helpful), and the breakers yard have made no attempt to come and collect the wheels despite me emailing them to ask when they are going to pick them up.

Anyone know how long I need to wait before I sell them on? I dont want to have to keep them forever, although technically they'll never be mine to sell :huh:

Send them email saying what you are going to do, you can charge them for storage to :winky:

I would just say you have until (date) to collect, after that date charges £10 per week, after 3 weeks you will sell to reclaim your costs :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links