Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do I Buy An Rx300

whiteman

:yawn::blink: As it say's I want a new car but not sure if I should go for a RX300, seen a nice one, biege interior and dark grey/black exterior, sat nav 18''allies and what ever it has..... problem is I still like my IS but after having it for 4 an alf yrs want to change it.... have always liked the RX but how economical are they, and what problems have they? I don't want the new IS as it does not do owt for me apart from the ISF that seen on saturday...wot a beast. I did want a IS300 but it would not be much different from wot I got now so thought get an RX..

The one I am looking at is 15k with 46k miles, full lexus approved second hand lark, only thing I could find wrong with it is that it had a few stone chips on the fron and rear tyres were getting a bit low...

What will it cost to tax next year.. mainly is it pretty good on fuel as I like to drive fast often.. :yawn:

If I can't decide I will keep my low miler IS for another year and get hammered for lots of road road tax... B)

We have just bought an RX300 and my mum LOVES IT. She has changed from a Yaris Verso and the RX at the moment is costing her an extra £8 a week in fuel.

Regarding Road Tax, if the retrospective charges go through, then the Road Tax will be £300 in 2009 and over £400 in 2010 :o I wouldn't say the RX300 is fast in anyway but its reasonable. Think it will feel much faster then a stock IS200 however. Its good at motorway speeds and can cruise all day long ;)

The official fuel economy figure for the RX300 is 22mpg. If it were me I would also consider a BMW X5 4.4L V8. With the fuel prices at the moment, they have depreciated massively yet the economy is also around 22mpg and they are obviously much faster then the RX300. RX300 is more of a "wafter" then a speed machine.

Maybe think about an LPG conversion at some point?

HMMM!!! not so good on fuel which is wot I expected with it being 4 wheel drive but then I never have bought a car for economy.. tis a hard decision, I have looked at a seat leon fr tdi and a golf gttdi but I will miss the comfort that is why I want to stay with a lexus but then I looked at a slk 320 cab...

I have always liked the RX but not keen on the mk1.. so is there any problems that arise from owning one... I may wait 12months as I am still attached to my IS or just keep it and get an RX. I might see if Lexus will borrow me one for the weekend and see how I feel.. I don't want to make the wrong decision and regret getting one..

keep the comments coming B)

:yawn::blink: As it say's I want a new car but not sure if I should go for a RX300, seen a nice one, biege interior and dark grey/black exterior, sat nav 18''allies and what ever it has..... problem is I still like my IS but after having it for 4 an alf yrs want to change it.... have always liked the RX but how economical are they, and what problems have they? I don't want the new IS as it does not do owt for me apart from the ISF that seen on saturday...wot a beast. I did want a IS300 but it would not be much different from wot I got now so thought get an RX..

The one I am looking at is 15k with 46k miles, full lexus approved second hand lark, only thing I could find wrong with it is that it had a few stone chips on the fron and rear tyres were getting a bit low...

What will it cost to tax next year.. mainly is it pretty good on fuel as I like to drive fast often.. :yawn:

If I can't decide I will keep my low miler IS for another year and get hammered for lots of road road tax... B)

The RX 400 is a much better bet if you can afford the extra

from about 13K for a 3 yr old one at last weeks auction in Bedford

I bid 21K on a 2007 one with 9000 miles but they wanted 22,500

A lot of car for the money. Just need to get my LS430 sold soon

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links