Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Folks,

Getting the rear windows tinted at the weekend - 35% tint as per my old IS300 - £150.

Does anyone have any pics of their vehicle having been done, so I could get a quick look beforehand. Mines is Argento Ice with Oakham leather, so hopefully it wont look too dark.

Ta

Folks,

Getting the rear windows tinted at the weekend - 35% tint as per my old IS300 - £150.

Does anyone have any pics of their vehicle having been done, so I could get a quick look beforehand. Mines is Argento Ice with Oakham leather, so hopefully it wont look too dark.

Ta

cimg0018dg8.jpgnormaldsc00005jr4.jpg

dsc00079po4.jpg pic2og7.jpg arago4dp6.jpg dsc00043ml0.jpg

Folks,

Ta

cimg0018dg8.jpgnormaldsc00005jr4.jpg

dsc00079po4.jpg pic2og7.jpg arago4dp6.jpg dsc00043ml0.jpg

Cheers - what percentage tint is that front and rear - looks about 20% rear and 35% front?

Cheers - what percentage tint is that front and rear - looks about 20% rear and 35% front?

Tinted by Richard at 'TintR' in Nottingham using Llumar film. The rear is 22% VLT & the front tint has 35% VLT, but if you use a light meter e.g. Tintman you'll find it's less for both as the OEM glass already has a light tint.

The film is used in your area by TintTech.

Tinted by Richard at 'TintR' in Nottingham using Llumar film. The rear is 22% VLT & the front tint has 35% VLT, but if you use a light meter e.g. Tintman you'll find it's less for both as the OEM glass already has a light tint.

The film is used in your area by TintTech.

35% is enough for me.

Your car looks the biz.

35% is enough for me.

Here's the choices in Llumar...Mine's the Charcoal, the titanium would probably suit yours better? Certainly keeps the car cooler and stops the interior fading from UV, although with the current summers It isn't too much of a problem.

http://www.llumar.co.uk/auto/prodsandspecs.html

Hi there i have upgraded my is220d for a is250. I had my pervious is220d tinted limo black for the back windows and the front where a little lighter. So i just wanted to know if anyone’s got limo tint all around as i am thinking of doing this.

If anyone’s got pictures of limo tint plz load it up so i can see what it looks like. :unsure:

Hi there i have upgraded my is220d for a is250. I had my pervious is220d tinted limo black for the back windows and the front where a little lighter. So i just wanted to know if anyone's got limo tint all around as i am thinking of doing this.

If anyone's got pictures of limo tint plz load it up so i can see what it looks like. :unsure:

The Law

spacer.gifLight transmission

Visual light transmission is the amount of light that passes through the film and glass. Applying window film to vehicle glass will reduce the amount of visible light transmission.

Front side windows

The front side windows are very important to the driver’s vision, and it is vital that under no circumstances should dark films be installed to front side windows as this will pose a serious risk to the driver and other road users. With this in mind, police authorities may fine offenders or issue endorsements.

Recommended films

Back Window: Minimum light transmission: N/A

Back Side Window Minimum Light Transmission: N/A

Front Side Windows Minimum Light Transmission: 70%

Front Windscreen Minimum Light Transmission: 75%

For more information, visit www.vosa.gov.uk

i am not an is250 owner i have a is200 but i am a window tinter in northern ireland, pretty much if you want to chance having your fronts done its at your own risk because anything legal is just about noticable for the money you will pay. laws in uk are not as strict as america so at worst you prob be told to remove it and a fine, but thats the risk you take. my is200 is in gallery with llumar 35% classic on the rears. not too dark not too light, my recomendation to most people. if you have a light interior you can go darker as it will make the tint seem lighter.

£150 is very cheap for a lexus, check what film they are using. llumar,suntec, johnsons are 3 real good ones.

He's using Suntec

must be suntec carbon, is a good grade of film, i have not done any is220/250s but i know the is200 was a pain in the ***** as the heater elements where wild thick and the film did not want to stick round them, but got it down in the end. had to take half the car apart to get at the rear screen too.

price may be right if the new is is easier to work at than old is200. make sure he does a good job and dont be afraid to say your not happy if it dont look like a good job. no excuse for gaps at edges of windows or any small creases. only thing permisable should be very small dots witch could be airborn dust at time of fitting.

good luck

He's using Suntec

must be suntec carbon, is a good grade of film, i have not done any is220/250s but i know the is200 was a pain in the ***** as the heater elements where wild thick and the film did not want to stick round them, but got it down in the end. had to take half the car apart to get at the rear screen too.

price may be right if the new is is easier to work at than old is200. make sure he does a good job and dont be afraid to say your not happy if it dont look like a good job. no excuse for gaps at edges of windows or any small creases. only thing permisable should be very small dots witch could be airborn dust at time of fitting.

good luck

Job Done! And looks good. Just waiting on it drying out for full effect. Looks really good with the Oakham Leather and subtle enough for me.

Autotint (in Fife) do a good job. This is the fifth vehicle he has done for me without any issues. He said it was easier to do than he initially thought.

Highly recommended.

Job Done! And looks good. Just waiting on it drying out for full effect. Looks really good with the Oakham Leather and subtle enough for me.

Autotint (in Fife) do a good job. This is the fifth vehicle he has done for me without any issues. He said it was easier to do than he initially thought.

Highly recommended.

glad you got sorted. there a lot of so called tinters out there that dont care what the finished productt looks like as long as they get the cash. sounds like you found one that takes some pride in his work like myself

He's using Suntec

good luck

Highly recommended.

Did he remove the rear quarter lights and the door cards etc??

He's using Suntec

good luck

Highly recommended.

Did he remove the rear quarter lights and the door cards etc??

best job is alway by removing quater lights and door panels. sometimes i even take the glass out of the car to get a better job.

I know Folia Tec film is probably crap, but has anyone seen or heard of Chromolux film?

Think it looks quite good any of the tinters out there know of anything similar? Just fancy something different to the standard 'black'

I know Folia Tec film is probably crap, but has anyone seen or heard of Chromolux film?

Think it looks quite good any of the tinters out there know of anything similar? Just fancy something different to the standard 'black'

film brands will do many different shades and finishes. i stick to black as its most popular and it does not seem worthwhile to order in large rools of film for 1 or 2 cars.

folitec is pi*s poor film. different tinters will have different films and finish options. phone about ortry the one in fife see what he says

• 10 months later...
Folks,

Ta

do you have any pictures of your car with the tints done?

cheers

35% is enough for me.

Certainly keeps the car cooler and stops the interior fading from UV, although with the current summers It isn't too much of a problem.

And because of peoples' perceptions, also protect your car against vandal damage. Who is going to mark a Dealer's motor?

Also, it is good for the pictures to be on here complete with licence plates - it saves the boys in blue from having to wait and see the owner on the roads with such obviously illegal tints.

Apart from that, real dark tints look mega cool and are best set off by chrome wheels and expired tax :tomato:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links