Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steering

Hello !!

I got my new (3yr old) 200 sport on Friday cant complain, love her to bits but has she got a problem I am constantly steering when on long straights ! I thought it just had sensitive steering but it constantly slightly veers off left or right .

Has anyone else experienced this or got any suggestions !!!

Hello !!

I got my new (3yr old) 200 sport on Friday cant complain, love her to bits but has she got a problem I am constantly steering when on long straights ! I thought it just had sensitive steering but it constantly slightly veers off left or right .

Has anyone else experienced this or got any suggestions !!!

Firstly, welcome to the club mate,

Have you checked you front tyre pressures are even. This can cause the car to pull to one side...

If youv'e checked that, and it still does it, then take it back to the place you bought it, and have them check the wheel alignment. If you bought it from a dealer, you should have an AA report, amonst other certificates, to show that the car has not been damaged in an accident., so it shouldn't be a major problem.

Hope this helps......

gotta own up to experiencing that problem. Day I picked up mine, was braking at a roundabout, front wheel must have been on a slight rutt or something, as pulled violently (ish) to one side. Thought problem with brakes until thought about it for a bit, and braked in straight line! and am now used to the tramlining.

If in doubt though, get the dealer to check it out. Most are very helpful, especially if you have just bought it. Good luck.

does it happen at all speeds, or just at low speeds or when slowing down?

if only at low speed and when slowing down, it what someone said earlier. the wide low-profile tyres follow the contours of the road as the surface of the tyre is flat

Had this problem on my 200 sport with factory 18's

Lexus in Worcester sorted it out no problem.

1, Tyre pressures have GOT to be spot on.

2, Swapped the tyres front to back.

3, Adjusted the wheel alignment to exactly what it says on the tin.

4, Remove the front pads and clean and lube where the pad sits in the caliper.

5, Roughen up the friction part of the pad, coz it was glazed.

HEY PRESTO !!!

I would recommend GRIMS group buy in GOLD for the grooved discs coz as you brake the glaze is broken by the groove in the discs and they run cooler.

The result was a completely different car to drive.....until the missus stuffed it into a transit :withstupid:

The result was a completely different car to drive.....until the missus stuffed it into a transit

You might want to get the alignment checked again then :duh: :duh:

Na,

I'm sure the transit's alignment wouldn't have been effected!!

:lol: :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links