Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone, my IS250 has now done just over 17000 miles and the second service is looming.My dealer charged nearly £100 inc.vat for 7.5 litres of oil at the first service. No way do I want to pay that again so I thought I would get the oil myself and tell them to use that.Can anyone tell me what oil they have used that complies with Lexus/Toyota spec. and does not affect the warrenty?

I was in Costco last night and you can get full synthetic oil at around £31 for 4 litres, also do I need synthetic oil, I seem to remember that synthetic oil is not required.Any help appreciated.

Hi,

I highly doubt that the dealer would except another oil supplied by the customer. How can they guarantee that it will perform according to spec?

Shop around, ring other dealers and get some prices. Its harsh, was that £100 for the oil only? or the whole service?

Hi,

I highly doubt that the dealer would except another oil supplied by the customer. How can they guarantee that it will perform according to spec?

Shop around, ring other dealers and get some prices. Its harsh, was that £100 for the oil only? or the whole service?

Hi,

I wish it was for the whole service, I was charged £98.45 +vat for 7.3 litres at £13.45 +vat per litre.

They really cant refuse to use customer supplied oil and as long as it complies with the spec recommended by Lexus there can be no warrenty issues.

Its quite common among Audi owners to do this as some of them are not happy with the dealers rip off prices. Bear in mind also that the dealers buy in bulk so no way does it cost them £13.45 per litre.

My first service which is only a glorified oil change was made up of the following,

Labour .60 hour £66

Engine oil 7.30 litres £98.19

Fuel conditioner (whatever thats for) £9.95

Environmental charge £12.95

Engine flush £9.95

Oil filter kit £8.30

Screenwash £0.89

Drain plug gasket £0.83

Total £207.06 + £36.24 vat =£243.30

In view of the above if I can save a bit on the oil I think its worth it.

• 2 months later...

here is the joke of that environmental charge..

Its costs about £1 a gallon to have waste oil removed!

We get rid of thousands of gallons a year through ELV disposal and we get charged about £0.69+vat per gallon!

So i say that you ask them to put the oil into a container and you dispose of it via a council tip!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links