Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rad Cap Lost...

jac114

I desperatly need a radiator cap for a mk1 gs300... After..wait for it.....NUMB NUTS here lost his in a carpark when it overheated :iraqi-info-minister: I got towed home :blush: oh the shame... But am now stuck without a rad cap...

Can anybody out there help

Cheers

jac

Can't get one for you but if you call Sue on 01332 340 334, they have them in stock after having to order them for my motor, it's a Lexus dealership in Derby, the only one that would help me, ring just about everywhere else and was told the same thing - go to Toyota but it not a Toyota part was the answer I got from them. :huh:

Was that the cause of the over-heating??

No. I topped it up with water following morning..drove about 6/7 miles and it went straight up and over red.. so i stopped in a carpark.. waited till the thing stopped hissing and spitting...thought it was safe and popped the cap..OPPS the cap shot up like a bullet ...I ducked a fountain of water rocketed out the rad and the cap was nowhere to be seen... we looked everywhere for about 2 hrs..still cant believe we could not find it.. so had to get towed home.. I have looked all around the engine thinking it might be lodged somewhere in there..i even took of the plastic bottom pan.. I Did notice something for the first time today.. I never realised ithad 2 rads :blink: The big main fan was spinning but the smaller fan next to that(the one directly behind the rad cap end) that was not spinning.. so could it be a fualt with the smaller fan or the thermostat that is making it overheat?

Can't get one for you but if you call Sue on 01332 340 334, they have them in stock after having to order them for my motor, it's a Lexus dealership in Derby, the only one that would help me, ring just about everywhere else and was told the same thing - go to Toyota but it not a Toyota part was the answer I got from them. :huh:

Was that the cause of the over-heating??

There's no Lexus Centre in Derby now Paul it closed down a couple of months ago

No. I topped it up with water following morning..drove about 6/7 miles and it went straight up and over red..

Not sure about the Smaller fan but the second rad is for your Air-con, you may have a smaller split in the rad mate, this normally the first sign. Engine has not got enough presure to to remove the heat but enough to make you run if you remove the cap beofre you allow the presure to drop.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links