Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Standard Headunit..

Afternoon all.. I'm in the throws of searching for a grey is200 and had a question about the head unit.. I've read elsewhere on these forums that pre2000 head units with the CD slot at the bottom of the radio used to bring an error code up EER3 when loading CD's.. How much of a common fault was or is this? And have Lexus fixed the problem under warranty?

On a side note just how good are the stock radio's in terms of sound quality and durability..

Thanks guys.. Sol

It seems to be a pretty common problem. I believe that the later units aren't exactly immune to the problem either. Some might have had it fixed under warranty, but that doesn't mean it won't go wrong again, unfortunately.

If you're looking at IS200s, load some CDs in and check if you get this problem. If you get ERR3, then use this to negotiate down the price. If you don't, then it's pot luck really, it might stay working for ages or it might go wrong a few weeks later.

My own 1999 model has a bottom-loading unit. So far no ERR codes (touch wood), but it does seem prone to jumping when getting towards the end (edge) of the disc, which to me seems like a sign that it could be on the way out :nugget:

The sound quality isn't bad at all IMHO.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links