Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi

Seeing as the K&N filters have come down in price I thought I would get one for mine, the original has been in about 20,000 miles now, I believe they are changed every 30,000 miles.

I have had them before on cars and I like the fact you can clean them. If you look at the state of the one I took out you will see that it must be restricting the flow to some degree and thus reducing MPG, or is it!!!....

Well this is what you get in the kit, cost £33.64 from a seller on eBay

33-2137.jpg

This is what the old one looked like, the fins start life bright white...

20092008202.jpg

Right then.... how does it go I hear you ask.... well it has made absolutely no difference whatsoever, the car is just as it was before, same performance, same MPG, same noise.

So the conclusion is.... buy one if you like the stickers......

Pete

P.S. Anyone want to buy a perfectly good, working, original LS430 air filter?????

disconnect the battery to clear the short term memory then install the new filter, allows the engine to learn

oooooh me try that then.... watch this space....

Pete

disconnect the battery to clear the short term memory then install the new filter, allows the engine to learn

oooooh me try that then.... watch this space....

Pete

mind you though,,, I have noticed that every car Ive fitted one to uses more fuel even after re learning the ecu!! has anyone else experienced this????

,, I thought that more oxygen in the system requires more fuel,,, ok for higher bhp but I think ittl harm your mpg,,, the only benefit I had from mine was that it didnt have to be replaced ,, just cleaned and oiled,, just a thought, I might be wrong as havent put one on a lexus

Hi

Done the above, driven about 500 miles since, there still appears to be absolutely no difference, mind you, you wouldn’t notice 5-10bhp improvement when you have nearly 300 to start with!!!!

Still, it looks nice..

Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links