Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pre-paid Servicing Plan

My local Lexus dealer has (unprompted) sent me a letter giving me the opportunity to pay for my next 4 services (70k-100k inclusive) for a price of £2,287 (inc VAT). This seems an extraordinary amount and has got me thinking about what a reasonable cost might be. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Jon

My local Lexus dealer has (unprompted) sent me a letter giving me the opportunity to pay for my next 4 services (70k-100k inclusive) for a price of £2,287 (inc VAT). This seems an extraordinary amount and has got me thinking about what a reasonable cost might be. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Jon

Jon,

Just found my Lexus service plan I received last week, must say yours does sound a little high compared to mine, and thats allowing for the fact they've quoted you for 4 services compared to my 3

Benefits they're offering me

* Fixed labour costs for the duration of your plan protecting you from inflation

* Your first M.O.T free of charge

* Free puncture repairs

* Free wheel balancing

* Interest free affordable monthly payment plan

* Free transfer of your existing plan to a new Lexus vehicle

* Additional discounts off all our services and products

The service plan will cover me for 3 services, starting 60,000 miles / 6yr for a total of £766.49 inc VAT, must admit it's rather tempting.

2 errors I've noticed though, is that I had my 40k service with them a couple of weeks ago and my next service is next year for the big 50k service, (timing belts etc,) and they've got my model being a 2003 onwards model, whereas it's actually a mk1 2003 model.Hope this helps Nev :winky:

Jon

Jon,

Just found my Lexus service plan I received last week, must say yours does sound a little high compared to mine, and thats allowing for the fact they've quoted you for 4 services compared to my 3

Benefits they're offering me

* Fixed labour costs for the duration of your plan protecting you from inflation

* Your first M.O.T free of charge

* Free puncture repairs

* Free wheel balancing

* Interest free affordable monthly payment plan

* Free transfer of your existing plan to a new Lexus vehicle

* Additional discounts off all our services and products

The service plan will cover me for 3 services, starting 60,000 miles / 6yr for a total of £766.49 inc VAT, must admit it's rather tempting.

2 errors I've noticed though, is that I had my 40k service with them a couple of weeks ago and my next service is next year for the big 50k service, (timing belts etc,) and they've got my model being a 2003 onwards model, whereas it's actually a mk1 2003 model.Hope this helps Nev :winky:

My 60k service cost me around £870 inc VAT so makes your plan appear somewhat of a bargain!!

We bought a Lexus Service plan for our (MKII) RX300 and found it to be very competitive. We opted for the 50/60/70 services as part of our plan and it cost £606 exactly.

Very good value for money IMHO and it worked out 3 services for the price of 2. Labour rates are the key factors when it comes to Main Dealer servicing and I cannot see them going down. Thus a SP offers fixed price services for your vehicle. Altho' a note of caution here, bot all combinations of services work out cheaper and also be VERY aware that many dealer groups offer their own SP which is DIFFERENT from the Lexus one...a key difference here being that if you buy the LEXUS plan you can go to ANY Lexus dealership for the work - buy a dealer only one and you are tied to that particular dealer group.

.... be VERY aware that many dealer groups offer their own SP which is DIFFERENT from the Lexus one...a key difference here being that if you buy the LEXUS plan you can go to ANY Lexus dealership for the work - buy a dealer only one and you are tied to that particular dealer group.

A local dealer is more likely to go bust than Lexus UK (or whoever is the national contracting party).

A local dealer is more likely to go bust than Lexus UK (or whoever is the national contracting party).

Perhaps unthinkable until now...but a very real possibility and quite valid - point very well made.

a key difference here being that if you buy the LEXUS plan you can go to ANY Lexus dealership for the work - buy a dealer only one and you are tied to that particular dealer group.

Cymro, If it's right what you say, then Estherjon can take out a pre paid service plan with Lexus Exeter who quoted me £766.49, but get his local Lexus dealership to do the work?, even though my quotes for 3 services and not 4, I reckon he'd still be saving in the region of £1000 quid.

I'm definately going to take them up on it, seeing as I was quoted around the mid £500 mark for my next big service.

a key difference here being that if you buy the LEXUS plan you can go to ANY Lexus dealership for the work - buy a dealer only one and you are tied to that particular dealer group.

Cymro, If it's right what you say, then Estherjon can take out a pre paid service plan with Lexus Exeter who quoted me £766.49, but get his local Lexus dealership to do the work?, even though my quotes for 3 services and not 4, I reckon he'd still be saving in the region of £1000 quid.

I'm definately going to take them up on it, seeing as I was quoted around the mid £500 mark for my next big service.

I decided to follow this up. So I emailed Lexus GB – hoping to contract with them, and then have the work carried out at a dealer (or dealers) of my choice. I do not want to contract with a dealer. This is the exchange:

My email 1:

How do I find the prices for Lexus Pre-paid Service Plans, please?

Lexus GB’s answer:

Thank you for contacting Lexus

Prices for Pre-paid service plans are available from your local Lexus centre, if you provide details of your postal code I will be more than happy to provide details of your nearest Lexus centre.

Alternatively you can use the "Find A Lexus Centre" feature on the Lexus GB website, I have provided the weblink below.

Find a Lexus Centre: http://www.lexus.co.uk/forms/find-a-retailer-uk.aspx

I trust this information is of use to you, and if I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me, using one of the methods shown below.

My email 2:

Thank you. But I had been LED to believe (from the Lexus OC website] that there are 2 sorts of service plan. One where the contract is with Lexus itself, which permits the servicing to be carried out at any Lexus centre (or indeed, at different successive centres) which the customer chooses; and the other is direct with one Lexus centre.

See http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=54532 and the emails thereunder.

Is this not the case?

If not, may I publish your answer, because it will correct an incorrect impression currently being given.

Lexus GB’s answer:

As far as I am aware, I belive there are different service plans that are available, your email has come through to the Lexus contact centre and I am not trained on information on service plans. Thats why I suggested it would be best to contact your local Lexus centre. The sales staff will have training on the types of plans and can provide you with more information.”

Draw your own conclusions! I gave up!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links