Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Presidential Election

sparkystav

I'm on nights at the moment so paying some interest in the votes tonight.

Its three o'clock and Obame's 70 votes ahead and needs 70 more to past the post.

I dont proclaim to know much about politics or their policies, i just want the guy to win. It, to me, shows how much America's moved on.

Be strange to see what changes happen, both for Americ and ourselves in the UK.

Stav

Edit: looking at the BBC's coverage again, while Obama is 70 votes ahead overall, thats only the amount of "electrol colleges" per States and different states have different amounts. McCains actually got more proper crosses on paper than Obama, just in the states with the lower "colleges".

And interestingly McCains won most of the states in the South so maybe things havent changed that much.

Who thinks up these "colleges" anyway?

Washington gets 3, and New jersey gets 15!?

At last, the US choose the right man to be President, I wanted Obama to win- not because he is black, because I think he can help fix the US credit crunch, if the US economy recovers, then the UK/world economy will recover.

Well he does sound like Peter Weller - he'd make a wicked Robocop in 10 years after his presidency is over.

His voice is perfect, "Thank you for your co-operation" :)

I'm not sure if it's just me, but am I the only one who thinks people are getting a little carried away with the result of this election?

I haven't paid a lot of attention to the whole thing, but most of the stuff he has said is far too idealistic and I can't see how he's going to actually do it. In my view, he is a politician and they all lie to get themselves into power. Obviously he may actually do a good job, but I'm getting really sick of this "the saviour has come" attitude........ :shutit:

Can't stand the positive racism either, and I find positive racism just as offensive as negative racism. What does his skin colour matter anyway? All that counts is ability, and that is something I hope he proves to have.

I agree 100% with you there Parthiban on the Pos/Neg bit, it is who you are inside not how you look from the outside.

He has been elected because his campaign was better then McCain's, the American public are fed up with Bush, the tie up of troops abroad, the recession is starting to bite, so a change is needed. McCain was seen as more of the same. Don't think that race or colour of the skin came into it during the voting.

He's got loads of charisma and "talks a good game". Can he deliver when is in power, who knows? Hope he can when the pressure is on.

edit: McCain would have the big "learning curve" as well if he was "president elect", so same question of him.

Edited by MacRS200

Don't get me wrong there, I'm not questioning whether the right man won, I'm just annoyed at how people are portraying it as though it's the end of the world's troubles.............it's so ridiculous it's like being in a movie! A politician's a politician so I'll reserve judgement until I actually see good things start to happen :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links