Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gah, I've got a rumbly wheel bearing on my '94 LS400 :(

Does anyone know, what's the most cost effective place to get a new one from (is there a pattern part out there, or should I just wrestle my esaping wallet to the ground & pay Lexus?), and how much of a dog are they to fit? I don't yet know it it's a front or rear that's gone, if that makes a difference.

Also - does one replace wheel bearings in pairs, or is it sufficient to just replace the duff one?

Many thanks in advance!

Ade.

Hi there mate, you can replace just the one bearing that is failing as it is not a crittical part as they say in mot speak, but you will have to take into account that if you have one failing then you may have more close to going pear shaped also, as they may have the same mileage as the failed item, unless of course others have been changed before. Check with a local motor factor for a price on the bearing as it maybe a part that is common among many other makes and models and may save you a fortune. Good luck and keep us informed on how you get on.

Gary.

Gah, I've got a rumbly wheel bearing on my '94 LS400 :(

Does anyone know, what's the most cost effective place to get a new one from

This may help...

Bearings are just bearings and it surely won't be a part only common to a Lexus LS. This is what happened to me last week:

Central heating burner making horrible racket. Traced it to the bearings. Read the serial number stamped on one of them and typed this (and nothing else) into Google. Up came a company called Bearing Boys. I ordered a pair on-line and they arrived next day - £2.40 each. Now, I bet there's somewhere out there that can do the same for wheel bearings (Bearing Boys do tapered bearings as well).

Just a thought.

Thanks all - I'll see what I can get in the way of a pattern part before I go to Lexus direct... I'm not in the UK at the moment, which is going to slow me down some -- will report back when I've got some news.

Cheers!

Ade.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links