Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Electric Problems

Hi

Any advice and general info on this would be appreciated.

1) Had a flat Battery a while back and since then the stereo does not work !?? Dont listen to it alot so have not repaired, but am now getting bored in the car !

2) My rear drivers side window is stuck on half open and will not shut. Had this problem before when car was valeted and water seeped into the window. Took it to lexus Twickenham who fixed it but put a disclaimer on the invoice to say that it was likely to occur again and they would not be held responsible !!!

My question is that anyone know of any decent/honest car electricians in west london who can sort this out ? Will take it to Lexus as a last resort but find that I suffer open wallet surgery everytime I go there !!!

Thanks

Rej

Hi

1) Had a flat battery a while back and since then the stereo does not work !?? Dont listen to it alot so have not repaired, but am now getting bored in the car !

2) My rear drivers side window is stuck on half open and will not shut. Had this problem before when car was valeted and water seeped into the window. Took it to lexus Twickenham who fixed it but put a disclaimer on the invoice to say that it was likely to occur again and they would not be held responsible !!!

My question is that anyone know of any decent/honest car electricians in west london who can sort this out ? Will take it to Lexus as a last resort but find that I suffer open wallet surgery everytime I go there !!!

Thanks

Rej

With regard to the stereo, have you checked the fuses?

Does the window open and close under the half way point or is it just stuck there? What exactly did they do to fix it? It could just be that the regulator is faulty and you need a new one.

Hi

1) Had a flat battery a while back and since then the stereo does not work !?? Dont listen to it alot so have not repaired, but am now getting bored in the car !

Thanks

Rej

With regard to the stereo, have you checked the fuses?

Does the window open and close under the half way point or is it just stuck there? What exactly did they do to fix it? It could just be that the regulator is faulty and you need a new one.

Had a quick check of the fuses but couldnt see any that were blown. Looked under the bonnet and under the dash - is there any where else I need to look ?

At the moment the window only goes down but not up and is stuck at 3/4 ! All lexus did was to clean it out and spray it with something and get the moisture out (after valet). This was back in Oct 2005.

Not heard of the window probelm before,

Why did they put the disclaimer on? did you not get all bits changed?

They didnt change anything from what I am recollect

The invoice states that they stripped the door down, cleared the excess water and sprayed using an electrical spray. It then goes on to say that it has been tested and works but 'problem could persist'. I remember the mechanic said something about the seals around the windows being faulty and thats what let the water in the first place. Not rocket science I guess !

I need to get the window sorted so am about to book it in to Lexus Twickenham and battle it out with them ! Need to investigate the stereo situation a bit further.

Will let you know how I get on !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links