Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Apologies In Advance

Parthiban

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Parthiban: Syncing is a no brainer. iTunes handles it all elegantly.

You could always get MobileMe which syncs on the fly.

Add a contact to your phone and it will appear on your Mac (or PC) like magic via the "Apple Cloud" and vice versa.

Same for Calendar events, push email etc.

You can even upload pics direct from your iPhone to your website!

The only time I plug my iPhone in to the Mac to sync is if I am swapping out loads of toonz or a film or two.

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/

Ok I lost you a bit there with all the jargon :blush:

So technically you can sync it via wifi? For contacts, calendar, email, photos, music, etc? If so that's rather cool and eliminates my need for Bluetooth data :)

So technically you can sync it via wifi? For contacts, calendar, email, photos, music, etc? If so that's rather cool and eliminates my need for bluetooth data :)

But for that privilege it will cost you $100 a year - every year you want to use MobileMe!

It syncs by WiFi and/or over the cellular network.

Yes currently you have to pay for it - it is expensive to provide this kind of back end right now.

With MobileMe you get alot more for your money than just syncing - see the link above.

e.g I can take a pic on my Iphone and seconds later it can be in a Web2.0 gallery for the world to see.

So technically you can sync it via wifi? For contacts, calendar, email, photos, music, etc? If so that's rather cool and eliminates my need for bluetooth data :)

But for that privilege it will cost you $100 a year - every year you want to use MobileMe!

Oh :o

That's nuts, so if I'm normal and don't want to pay money to sync with my PC, then I just need to plug it in right, no wireless option?

Oh :o

That's nuts, so if I'm normal and don't want to pay money to sync with my PC, then I just need to plug it in right, no wireless option?

Exactly mate, I just use the cable, to be honest I don't store anything in the calendar on the Iphone apart from birthdays, all my work stuff is on my other handset so it's not that often I sync so didn't see the point in paying, although it is a nice to have feature.

iTunes cannot sync via anything other than the provided cable - technically there's no reason they can't - it's just that they're kinda pushing you in the direction of MobileMe and if they were to say have the Iphone advertise itself via Rendevous so you could sync it would probably mean they'd have less customers for the paying service. In a nutshell they just don't want to!

In a nutshell they just don't want to!

Thanks mate, that's cleared it up. Yep it's that attitude that really turns me off apple, but they make some nice products that sell well so you can't argue with their logic if they can sell it all.

So back :ontopic: what you gonna do/get?

Unless they call me again with an even better deal, think I'll see out my contract first.........so gonna be feb before I need to make a decision.

I've gotta say part of me is now more interested in an Iphone, because it does what it does so stylishly. Otherwise, it's probably the TouchHD that I'll be getting.

Although, it's possible something else may come out in the next few months so I'll wait and see what comes along, especially if another better looking google phone comes along.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links