Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stainless Steel Items Feedback

Mr Mole

Steve........try loosening off the other bolts, leave them in their holes but loose, then try inserting that missing bolt again, you may just get enough room/play.......then tighten all the bolts bit by bit going from one to another.

Thanks, that did the trick ! :D

Think that was a good demonstration of my lack of mechanical aptitude ! :iraqi-info-minister: :blush::lol:

I got mine (already posted in the other thread, but this looks like this is the proper thread for the GB), both radiator and suspension plates. Will fit them into car once i cleaned up the radiator bracket. Is there a recommended polish for the radiator plate to get the sticky residue off?

Stevie, did you get new bolts for your radiator planel because mine has gone a bit rusty and i don't think any amount of cleaning is going to clean them up, i'll be better off buying new bolts tbh lol

I used this seller and bought these bolts for the Rad Panel.......Stainless Steel Cap Bolts

Just spraying my Rad brackets now with Silver Hammerite, pics when I've fitted them.

Keith

Is it M5 or M6 bolts we need for this.

Think I read it was M5 bolts but would like to know for sure before buying some.

Mr Mole.........M6, the eBay link are the exact ones I bought to replace those old rusting bolts that I took out. Oh and yes I measured the length of the thread as well, hence the 12 = MM in length.

I also used this seller for the other bolts I have changed in the engine bay, those that hold the plastic fuse box covers for example (M6 Hex heads, 20 + 25 mm length)......I can vouch for his service.

Keith

Is there a recommended polish for the radiator plate to get the sticky residue off?

I used Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover, that did the job. I think WD40 would probably do it too.

I used this seller and bought these bolts for the Rad Panel.......Stainless Steel Cap Bolts

Those are exactly the same bolts from the same seller that I used. I also bought some M6 washers from the same place. Mr Mole - orginally Chris posted that M5 bolts were needed (in the rad panel GB thread), but that wasn't right, it's M6 (and I posted so in that thread too).

Guest inicol63

Hi guys and girls just finished fitting mine.

Towers and rad cover.....

I have added a couple of other photos of my is200

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

Edited by DJ Wozza
Displaying pictures correctly

Looking great mate.....very nice!

Can you tell me where you got your air intake/deflecter from> I would like to pick one of those up if possible for my Prolex induction kit.

One more thing, I'm sure the tower covers are supposed to go on top of the OEM bolts, then the chrome dome bolts on top.

Can you tell me where you got your air intake/deflecter from> I would like to pick one of those up if possible for my Prolex induction kit.

One more thing, I'm sure the tower covers are supposed to go on top of the OEM bolts, then the chrome dome bolts on top.

The intake Deflecter is a standard one from an IS300.

And yes the covers are meant to go above the standard bolts, your shouldnt touch them at all.

Guest inicol63

I bought the deflecter with the kit second hand, so i can not help you, i guess you could always look out for a crashed is300.

• 4 weeks later...
is it too late to grab a rad cover with lexus logo ????

Afraid it is, the group buy has now well & truly finished.

Guess the only way you could get one is if one of the guys who bought one decides he doesn't want it anymore

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links