Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Speakers And Tweeters

James S

Quick update, at weekend I managed to get round to fitting the cross-overs and tweeters. both went in really well.

Points to note if your going to use the Vibe tweeters in the standard tweeters housing. You need to actually hack the surround off the tweeter. So it will fit. Just used some sticky double glued foam, to attatch the tweeters to the old mounts, as there isn't much weight in them.

As for crossovers, have just sealed them up without the lids on, just up in front of the mids. as with lids on they will not fit behind the door card. Going to give it a couple of week and check on them. If there is any problems, will have to run some wires into the side pockets on the door, and leave crossovers in there. Tempted to do this anyway, but shall see if I have time.

Haven't included any pics, because once door cards are back on, you can't tell anything has changed. This is the way I plan to keep it, to reduce chance of thiefing chav scum nicking anything! But if you have got any questions on how i've done stuff just let me know. And will be happy to take some pics with door cards off.

As for the improvement in sound quality, I am shocked, to say its the standard head unit, its really good, and for some reason taking to door cards off again, has removed the rattles I was having before! So thats a real bonus.

Speakers used were Vibe Se k-series 60's.

Thanks to all for help with this, should possibly be doing head unit this week if finances allow!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links