Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Main Dealer

dave1

Purchased my first Lex from Lexus Coventry May 2002. Series 1 GS300 Sport, 85k on clock,96 p reg. After the 12 month Lex APP warranty ran out they were still extremely helpfull if anything occurred. They checked car for minor niggles on several occasions and always sorted it. Changed in May 2008 to the GS 430, again from Lexus Coventry and excellent service again on this car. I had noticed a few annoying creaks/groans/noises. On Thursday Lexus Coventry had the car in and sent a tech out with me to try to discover any problems on the car. Upshot was that following the testdrive, the car was checked in the workshop ( I was given IS250 auto courtesy car ) and they discovered a couple of problems which will be rectified next week under warranty. I keep reading on here about charges for diagnostic checks etc. buit I have never encountered these with Lexus to date.....touch wood,fingers crossed!

I have always found that my local Lexus dealer has dealt fairly and promptly with any problems with my cars. I would imagine that having purchased the cars from them and having the servicing done by them has played a part, but they do seem to go the "extra mile" to help.

I have posted this as I firmly believe that ( myself included ) we are all quick to criticise and slow to compliment.

No doubt other members have not always enjoyed the same service, but I can only really speak for myself and the service which I have had, and indeed now become accustomed to, over the last 6+ yrs.

That's good news to hear :)

I think the problem with forums like this is that you only ever tend to hear the bad things as that is why most people come on to ask if something is a common problem - 95% of people I'd bet would never even come across this site until they had a fault.

I've always had great service from Gary, Chris and Russell at Lexus Sheffield too and Faye and Sean at Lexus Derby have been great recently too when I've used them! Glad to see her back after she left Nottingham!

Good to see that you too have good feedback. I really do think that these forums tend to give 90% -ve feedback re dealers etc. where +ve feedback might be equally usefull to both owners and people browsing the forums to try to ascertain general satisfaction levels prior to making a decision on whether to purchase or not.

That's exactly right mate but unfortunately it's just the nature of the forums.

If someone goes to dealer x and gets bad service they'll come on here and play hell about it, as soon as they get good service they go home and forget about it!

I have had my car in to Lexus Hull a few times recently for service & warranty issues and must say that I am well pleased with them. They have to a great degree restored my faith in the much vaunted Lexus Customer service. After it had been in the last time the service manager rang me with full details and discussion about what had been done and even received a "follow-up" courtesy text message asking if everything was o.k. and asking me to give them a call if I had any further problems. Can't fault that.

Far better service and care than I had received elsewhere.

Me too, have only just moved over from the dark side (Jaguar) but already have nothing but complements about Swindon and in particular Megan at Birmingham who has called me three times to try and sort a little problem the forums gave me good information to work with.

Top marks to Swindon and Birmingham.

I have also had one not quite to so pleasurable experience that I sincerely hope was a one off. Check my review for Swindon dealership and read between the lines.

Mike S

Well my car went into Lexus Coventry today for the 2 faults found last week to be rectified (main drive belt and some sort of tensioner mod, + o/s/f upper wishbone replaced under warranty). Got RX 400h loan car. As usual the car came back valeted.

I could not, as usual, fault the service provided.

Unfortunately for me, the lex i got from my dealer (which later i found out) had one wheel facing the wrong rotation (wondered why i was skidding all over the place in winter) and when i was looking at the car before purchasing, they didn't spot the big hole which i pointed out in the front bumper (which they did fixed, before i purchased it). Can't say i like my local dealer as it went in for a service (50k), ended up paying over £1000 cos of a seized caliper and they didn't even valet my car cos they said they don't valet cars (wtf do the cars at the front clean themselves or something). I love my lex but hate my local dealership. I expected more from a name like Lexus. In the same service i told them there was a sqeek in the front passenger seat and when i got it back i still had the sqeek, which later found out it was the seatbelt buckle making the noise and they charged me £2.50+vat for the greese?!!? When they phoned back i told them i was very dissappointed with their service and i won't be going back, and have never done so. They wouldn't give me a courtesy car either when i had the car in their garage for 2 days and i had to get a m8 to drive me back home (16 miles) and again to pick me up to work. The closest train station would take me over an hr to walk to. So you can see why im not a fan of my local dealership. Bet you want to know which one it is...heres a clue...Broad Oak Road.

Unfortunately for me, the lex i got from my dealer (which later i found out) had one wheel facing the wrong rotation (wondered why i was skidding all over the place in winter) and when i was looking at the car before purchasing, they didn't spot the big hole which i pointed out in the front bumper (which they did fixed, before i purchased it). Can't say i like my local dealer as it went in for a service (50k), ended up paying over £1000 cos of a seized caliper and they didn't even valet my car cos they said they don't valet cars (wtf do the cars at the front clean themselves or something). I love my lex but hate my local dealership. I expected more from a name like Lexus. In the same service i told them there was a sqeek in the front passenger seat and when i got it back i still had the sqeek, which later found out it was the seatbelt buckle making the noise and they charged me £2.50+vat for the greese?!!? When they phoned back i told them i was very dissappointed with their service and i won't be going back, and have never done so. They wouldn't give me a courtesy car either when i had the car in their garage for 2 days and i had to get a m8 to drive me back home (16 miles) and again to pick me up to work. The closest train station would take me over an hr to walk to. So you can see why im not a fan of my local dealership. Bet you want to know which one it is...heres a clue...Broad Oak Road.

Sat here reading your note getting embarrased for the Lexus name. No I'm not a deler but one reason I got mine was for the (hopefully not forgotten) legenday service quality I had heard of from LOC member Rillo and others. This is your time to put a quick not in the dealer review section and hopefully like I did review this fully before selecting where and who I purchased my Lexus from. If your car is out of warrenty and lexus service stamp isnt of much value Im sure we can find you a good independant. !! Keep us up dated.

True, i can't thank enough for all the info this site has given me and the advise from people who have real life experences of the car etc. I don't think i would have enjoyed my car as much as i have if it wasn't for LOC. Thumbs up to all u guys and gals thats helped me out. Had the car 3 yrs and have no intention of getting rid of it. I only choose my local dealership because it was the closest one to me and i thought buying from lexus themselves would be a safer bet (how wrong was i?!?). Would be nice to hear feedbacks from other lexus owners who have purchased their car or had it serviced at Broad oak road lexus dealer. Maybe im just unlucky.

They just said they can't, from what i can remember..no reason given sort of thing. I mean, I gave them my car and thought i could collect it at the end of the day, but ended up having no car to go home with. Luckly i got a lift from my friend (gave him petrol money for his troubles), but he had to get up extra 2 hrs to drive to my house and to my work place. I told them i don't live locally, but they just wouldn't give me a courtsey car. But this wasn't the main reason why i wouldn't go back..its cos they said the car was serviced before i purchased it, but yet the tire was on wrong and the fact they could not fullfill requests that even an average garage could have provided and i was paying top dollars for. Since joining this forum, i wouldn't let anyone clean my car lol

Not got a bad word to say about the lexus dealer here on the south coast - the place is in Poole and they have been nothing but helpful and very polite (also make some cracking coffee :) ). Even though i'm not exactly Lexus' target demographic (student, usually scruffy and not likely to be buying a brand new Lex for at least two or three years) they have always helped out with small servicing questions and part sourcing.

So yeah, they're not all bad.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links