Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can Bent / Buckled Rims Be Fixed ?

Mark W

Rims I have (Lexus original) have seen better days and need a good refurb......however, a couple of them are definitely buckled and are close to impossible to balance (just manageable).

Before paying to get them to look nice and shiny/unscuffed again I wanted to double check if its possible to fix the buckle or is it the case that they are now buckled for life? If they can be fixed, great - I'll get them refurbed but if not may well save the money up and wait for a new set.

Also, assuming its possible - what sort of money we talking?

Cheers as always.

There's a difference between buckled a flatspotted.

I had some badly flatspotted 18" wheels hotrolled and refurbed at wim for £50 a piece.

If you can get to wim take them in and they'll give you an honest opinion on whether they can be fixed.

Don't get them refurbed before they're fixed though - get it done at the same time.

Have you got a picture mate?

One of mine had a big dent in it, took it to the tyre place and they bashed most of it out, it's been perfectly fine, never dropped any pressure or anything!

If it's cracked then that probably is unfixable though?

Saying that I'm just waiting until it gets a bit dryer and warmer before I probably replace them all around summer time myself anyway!

Mine looked like this and WIM fixed them for me :)

312694828.jpg

312694836.jpg

312694798.jpg

Yep if it's cracked then it's either not repairable, or the cost would make it pointless. Also depends if the wheel is actually warped, i.e. if a spoke is bent then it's also most likely not repairable.

Cheers for the replies ......What the hell happened to your wheels to get like that Parthiban?

No visible warp to naked eye - Ive just been told by various balancers that the rims are very buckled and theres a fair few weights on my wheels when theyve been balanced.

Looks like a visit to WIM on the cards.

Cheers for the replies ......What the hell happened to your wheels to get like that Parthiban?

No visible warp to naked eye - Ive just been told by various balancers that the rims are very buckled and theres a fair few weights on my wheels when theyve been balanced.

Looks like a visit to WIM on the cards.

If there's no visible warp-age (or fractures) then you'll have no probs getting them fixed. parthiban's rims are technically flat-spotted (same as mine were) - buckled rims are worse (as I understand it).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links