Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gears Help? Anyone

whitelabelboy

well i had my clutch and spigot bearing changed, when i picked my car back up, i have no gear 5, no reverse beeping or reverse lights.

it goes back to the garage on wednesday, but im interested if anyone as any possible explinations?

as i now feel as tho the garage i took it too havent got a clue

Does the RS200 use the exact same clutch as an IS200 or is it maybe a difference that's causing the problem you're seeing?

supposivly according to alot of different sites the rs200 can use the is200 clutch aslong as using the is200 release bearing too. which i am.

Have you tried putting back in the old clutch just to see if you've got your gears back as at least that would indicate whether it's just a problem with the new clutch itself or whether it's something else that's now got a problem?

With regards to the reverse lights and beeper not working that is probably down to an electrical plug not being connected back up.

Does the shifter move into the fifth gear position? does it engage? Or will it not move in at all. Will it move into positon from the 6th gear position? Does it go in with the engine off?

Possibly is just the shifter out of position.

Is the gear lever sitting over to the right by any chance? If it is then the lever is in the wrong way round.

when i got got it back from the having a new clutch the gear stick was too far to the left and wouldnt go into reverse with out hitting the hand brake, they managed to move it more towards the right, which feels to me how it has always been.

as for the 5th gear, it will pop in and out with or with out the clutch being pushed in, it sort of pops in and out but hasnt got the clicky feeling asif its actualy in a gear, and just revs in gear 5.

If its not going into gear the selector may be out of position, If the gear lever sitting over to the left ( I meant to say left on my op!!) then the lever was put in the wrong way. To correct this they would have had to remove the surround inside the car, remove a few bolts and lift the lever out and turn it around. My mech made the same mistake which I corrected myself as I needed the car right then.

Im at a loss mate about the 5th gear. The lever may be sittting out of position. Might be worth a try removing it and seeing if theres anything out of position down there. Usually these things arent rocket science.

finally picked it back up, all sorted. as far as there concerned it was all just loose stuff.... loose wire hence no reverse lights/beepin, and loose 'shaft or somthing' hence no gear 5. seems as tho they never connected the reverse lights wire back up, and my gear 5 seems to go in and out different to the rest, feels also a new part has been fitted. so i dont belive anything was 'loose' i belive their just sh*t and f**ked somthing up. all's well now tho and i very doubt i'll be using that garage again.

These are a couple of years old these pics but not had any done since!

img0643mm7.jpg

img0676wh2.jpg

Since then it's had a few changes, got rid of the sticker at the back, added an FMIC etc, get it back hopefully this week as it's at the garage right now so looking forward to getting a fair bit done soon!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links