Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Valet Key

LEXGS300

Hi Im new to this forum hoping you guys can help me before i spend £2468!!!

I have recently purchased a 2003 GS300 Navigator. Problem I have is that I only have one key. This key is black in colour with only 2 buttons, lock & unlock.

It starts the car fine and locks & unlocks the door but it does not open the boot lit using the buttons and also the key does not fit in the boot lock either nor does it fit in the glove box lock. It fits fine in the doors and ignition. I believe it is a sub key.

What are the options available?? All I want is to open my boot Im happy to use my current key to start but I need a key which can open my boot. It used to open from the release button inside by the steering wheel but I accidently pressed the key lock button next to the release button and now that interior release button dont work and my key doesnt fit in their either.

Lexus dealers advised to change locks ad ecu for a large sum.

Please help!!

I'm not sure if the GS is the same, but on the IS if you don't have a master key then you are in big trouble...........

I'd get wherever you bought the car from to trace the other keys, as it's ridiculous to sell a car with just the valet key.

Although you said it was black, has the casing been replaced? The valet key is usually grey.........

Are you a member of the AA or RAC?

They used to have ways of getting in the boot by inflating something within there - used to work on the IS so assume it would also work on the same gen GS?

Longer term you're stuck with getting the new keys I'd guess?

I dont think so, i beleive its the sub key rather than the valet ket, as valet keys as you suggested are grey. I just need my boot open ive got loads of things in their including my babys pushchair etc etc

Unfortunately I believe they're just two names for the same thing (I think they call it a sub key over here and a valet key in the US, my handbook calls it a sub key)..........if it doesn't open the boot or the glovebox it's the valet key I'm afraid.....

The only difference between the two (apart from the programming) is that the normal key is ever so slightly thinner than the valet and has a groove down the side.

Maybe you can trim it slightly?

I have the main key and valet key for my 09/02 GS 430 in front of me. On the GS the main keys have 3 buttons and a ridge jutting out on both sides of the thin edges The valet key has 2 buttons and no ridge. They look the same to me apart fropm the ridge on the main keys.

Thank you every one, my key do have ridge in the key blade on both sides. Let me describe the key;

Its black with lock & unlock button and a small LED light which illuminates when pressing either button

On the other side its got Lexus "L" grooved in gold with code written: CE0123! denso 1512v

The blade: its got slight groove running in middle on the both sides.

Thats about it really.

I hope there is a solution to this!!

One thing I've just thought of is that if the only difference in the keys is a ridge and the thickness, can't you buy one of those keys off eBay and get it cut using the valet key or will that not work?

If it does it will at least mean that you can open the boot with the key..........

One thing I've just thought of is that if the only difference in the keys is a ridge and the thickness, can't you buy one of those keys off ebay and get it cut using the valet key or will that not work?

If it does it will at least mean that you can open the boot with the key..........

[/quote

The key I have does have a ridge in the middle of the blade and it is thick but only 2 buttons...does that mean its a main key??? :blink:

If i copy the valet key it will mean the same thing right?????? coz the key i have doest fit in the boot lock nor the glove box, it doesnt even go in.

The key I have does have a ridge in the middle of the blade and it is thick but only 2 buttons...does that mean its a main key???

If i copy the valet key it will mean the same thing right?????? coz the key i have doest fit in the boot lock nor the glove box, it doesnt even go in.

The key I have does have a ridge in the middle of the blade and it is thick but only 2 buttons...does that mean its a main key???

Sorry wasn't particularly clear :blush:

If it doesn't open the boot or the glove box it's not a master key. And if you don't have a master key, the only real way of solving the problem is to buy a whole new set of keys and locks.

What I meant was that if the only reason the valet key doesn't work is because it's too thick and therefore just physically doesn't fit in the lock, could you not just get a blank master key off eBay and get it cut using the valet key that you have?

Like THIS

If the actual pattern on the key is the same, it might just work :)

Thank you every one, my key do have ridge in the key blade on both sides. Let me describe the key;

Its black with lock & unlock button and a small led light which illuminates when pressing either button

On the other side its got Lexus "L" grooved in gold with code written: CE0123! denso 1512v

The blade: its got slight groove running in middle on the both sides.

Thats about it really.

I hope there is a solution to this!!

The grooves run in the wider edges of the blade on both main and valet key. The ridge runs along both of the thin edges of the main key but not on valet key. The CE0123 & Denso 1512v are on both types of key. Might be worth contacting these people though.

http://www.autolocksmith.co.uk/

Hope they can help as they have members nationwide.

is there any way i can attach a foto of my key here??

Yep host the photo somewhere like photobucket, and then click on the button that looks like a picture frame and put in the image URL :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links