Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Input Via Postcode ?

Just bought the latest 08-09 version for my sat nav in my 2003 RX300 there does not appear to be a way of putting in postcodes to find a destination is this like this on all lexus systems ??

Stephen

I didn't think the 03 nav systems had post code input? The disc doesn't change the system, if it didn't have it before it won't have it with the new DVD. However, if it did have it before and has lost the ability to do so, then something's wrong......

Just bought the latest 08-09 version for my sat nav in my 2003 RX300 there does not appear to be a way of putting in postcodes to find a destination is this like this on all lexus systems ??

Stephen

I didn't think the 03 nav systems had post code input? The disc doesn't change the system, if it didn't have it before it won't have it with the new DVD. However, if it did have it before and has lost the ability to do so, then something's wrong......

Thanks The system did not work when I got the car so the garage where I got it from got me the latest disc`s so not sure if it had it before.

is there a way to get postcode facility ??

Stephen

Thanks The system did not work when I got the car so the garage where I got it from got me the latest disc`s so not sure if it had it before.

is there a way to get postcode facility ??

Stephen

Unfortunately no, if it doesn't already have it then it can't be added. However our 2007 Prius (with effectively the same system) has postcode search and I can't really see the benefit as it only does partial postcodes (first half of postcode + first digit of second half).

Ok cheers :-)

Stephen

It isn't immediatley obvious - search by Town and you should see the post code option in there.

As already stated it is only to 4 digits, but if you then know the streetname it will help.

just had a look and I cannot see any part on the town bit where you can enter the postcode??

Stephen

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links