Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Won't Start Help Please!

Eddieo

Hi All,

I could do with some help.

Here is the story; I drove home last night and notice that there was shudder coming from the engine, then the engine managment light began to flash. Anyway i only drove it 10 miles tops carefully.

Read up on here last night and all signs pointed to a faulty coilpack. So thought i'd try and ID the faulty cylinder (being a sunday theres no one to read my codes) So i started to do this and thought i could just dissconnect the coilpack leads one at a time to see what performance changes there where. I soon realised that this caused the engine to cut out as it thinks there is a coil pack missing. (during this testing the lights changed to TRC slow flash and engine light on constantly). So then i started removing the coilpacks from the engine keeping them connected (stopping and starting the engine between each bit of work). I was finding it hard to detect differences in the shudering/missfire except as i was going through the 6 it seemed to be getting sicker regardless if it was on 6 or 5 cylinders. And now it wont start at all. Anything else i can try. I have started to think that maybe its a VVT issue? - Im off to check out all the fuses while i wait to see what ideas you clever guys have.

All help welcome :) Would like not to have to call the garage out on monday morning and loose an arm and a leg :P

it may also be your plugs, the irriduim plugs used in the IS only just last over 60k. if they get wet with fuel it wont start and have trouble running. if you've disconnected your coil packs the codes will be stored as faults and it will cause your engine light to stay on continously untill the codes are cleared.

so as said you may have a number of coil packs gone and this in turn would have caused your plugs to be fouled with petrol. get your codes cleard and re-checked and take it from there.

Ahh i get ya thats actually a really good shout, since there would have been not combustion in all of the cyliders at some point so now all the spark plugs will be wet with fuel. Any idea how long untill they might dry out? Also what are your thoughts on driving the car on 4 or 5 cylinders? will it do much damage if so what? i mean its already been driven for 5 or so miles with the fault.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links