Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rear Shelf Speakers

first off, ive a 2002 is200 (stereo + amp job)

ok, ive installed my ice setup, sounds bloody fantastic, all but the rear shelf... ive left the stock speakers in the car and just slapped them onto a few hundred watts of amps each, runs great, but the rear shelf speakers sound *******, are you all sure theyre 2 speakers running seperately as i havent taken the top plate trims off to inspect it, bit theres only one pair of wires going to each speaker, ive spliced onto those and they work, but i have no treble, im hoping theyre just the mid/woof cones i'm powering and theres a seperate pair of jubbly tweetys hidden on top of the main cones with seperate wiring??

help! ;) btw are the top covers removeable without ripping the shelf out as i cant be ****d to take the rear seatbacks out :) hehehe..

guess if there isnt a set of tweeties ive missed - i'll have to slap some 6x9's in, or are they 7x10's?

thanks guys! :)

Andy.. :ph34r:

The speaker grills don't come off the shelf, You have to remove the back seat and slide the shelf out before you can get to the speakers...

There should be two pairs of speaker wires(4 wires in all) going to each rear speaker. The speaker unit is a 6"x9" woofer, with a smaller mid range/tweeter above it.

If you running a seperate amplifier for the 6x9's, then you'd be better off upgrading them.

Apart from them being component speakers, they're only rated at 40 watts.....

40 W!!!! but the doors speakers are running mint! and theyre being fed 160w each!

looks like i will be buying some infinities tomorrow then hehehe :) need more sound in the car...

i take it then when i remove the rear seat back, i remove the bolts at the bottom, then does the seat lift up and out, or have i gotta go and unclip each headrest restraint? had that on my old A4 and it was a pain in the ***** :)

standard 6x9's will fit right? no hacking up the shelf metal? lol

i take it then when i remove the rear seat back, i remove the bolts at the bottom, then does the seat lift up and out, or have i gotta go and unclip each headrest restraint? had that on my old A4 and it was a pain in the ***** :)

standard 6x9's will fit right? no hacking up the shelf metal? lol

Yep, Undo the bolts at the bottom of the seat, unclip the headrests and remove them,then lift the seat upward towards the rear screen. It should them lift out.

pull the shelf out to expose the 6x9's.

New 6x9's will fit straight in without any cutting.

Good luck...

yep, replaced the shelf speakers with some kick ***** 10x7's :) plus upgraded the sub in the boot to a 700 quid diamond 1kw titanuim thing firing thru the ski hatch, JESUS my car sounds fantastic now!!! just gotta pluck up the courage to upgrade the fron speakers now, as even tho the sizes of the speakers are 'standard' ish, the mounting holes are way off regular, but a few bolts and drillin a few more holes did the job :)

just got to find a good location for the xbox now as i have the power seats so theres no room under the seats, probably mount it in the boot and run a custom power switch to the dash...

Big thanks have to go out to Alex (ukazn) for all his advice :)

had to take the rear quarter panels out too tho as the shelf was latched into them, but it all just pops off :)

Andy :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links