Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Pads - Least Dust .... Fecking Sick Of My Current Ones

Patch234

Having recently replaced the front discs and pads on my GS300 I must say the pads are really getting on my t*t's. I mean, go for a trip in the car for a day, (the start of day the wheels are spotless) by the time I have returned home they are covered with brake dust and almost black (this is from normal driving) - These pads are history...

Any recommendations for pads the produce the least amount of dust?

Cheers,

Phil

Mintex are less dusty than OEMs or whatever you currently have. Also if you're getting dusty wheels its a sign of a seized caliper. Are they dusty on both side or just one and also do the calipers get hot after a 10 minute drive etc

Yes, they are dusty on both sides...I therefore assume the caliper pistons are OK, plus, all was well before the disc/pad change. Just spotted some mintex on eBay

Having recently replaced the front discs and pads on my GS300 I must say the pads are really getting on my t*t's. I mean, go for a trip in the car for a day, (the start of day the wheels are spotless) by the time I have returned home they are covered with brake dust and almost black (this is from normal driving) - These pads are history...

Any recommendations for pads the produce the least amount of dust?

Cheers,

Phil

I have the IS350 front calipers and discs on my IS250, and I believe they are the same part numbers as the GS300 Mk3?? May fit the Mk2? Anyway the pads are the OEM ceramic based ones that were introduced by Lexus as a TSIB in answer to the excessive brake dust problem people were complaining about. They produce very little dust at all.

Part number is 04465-30400 and the anti-squeal shim kit to go with them is 04945-22151.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links