Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk1 Gs300 Sport Rubber?

bigdavegrr

Hey people.

My GS300 has eaten a pair of Nexen N3000 tyres (back) in just under 9000 miles. I don't push the car particularly hard, and try to never spin the wheels. I do accept that it's a big heavy car with a lot of power, but I also can't afford £500 for rubber every 9000 miles. The car has had it's geometry set up by Lexus Chester and the tyres are wearing evenly.

Can you guys recommend something that will still be pretty grippy but last a bit longer? I'm not sure where to start.

Thanks

BigD

if they are wearing evenly then theirs nothing you can do,nexins are a soft compound tyre though try a different brand.

£500 for two tyres??what size are they?did they take you out to dinner before bending you over??? :o :blink:

Yes, I thought it was a tad on the expensive side. Technically, it's my dads car, and he's BigD, but I use the forums more than him. I'll pass that on ;) The tyre size is 275/40ZR18 (10 inch sport rears).

He just needs to know what the best he can get for it is. These Nexens have been very good, just not lasted long at all.

EDIT: If someone could recommend a decent place to get the tyres online too, that would be a awesome help.

Factory size for the 10" wide rears is 275/35/18... not 40. Try some prices on the 35's. 9000 miles isnt allot i agree, but wide sizes do wear allot quicker on our heavy cars. 500 quid for 2 nexens is very expensive mate. Try a company called camskill.... you should be suprised ;) A local garage to you should be able to fit them for you for not too much monies.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/

Have used them a few times for both my MR2 and the Lexus, excellent company and very good prices

I've used Falken FK452's, Goodyear Eagle F1 GDS3's, Continental Sport Contact 2's and currently have Vredestein Ultrac's. Most expensive being the Sport contacts at £187'ish each. All been good but never kept track of mileage coverage unfortunately. Definately shop around a bit and as mentioned, 275/35/18's are the proper size.

I used Uniroyal Rainsport 1 on my old Series 1 300 Sport (275/35/18) for around 5 years and then Falken FK452. Very impressed with the Falken. Pirelli Rosso on when I bought it but they wore very quickly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links