Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Esva On 6spd Manual Rs200

Matt_S

SO Ive been reading that there is no model report for the manual RS200.

And then I found this:

http://www.modelreports.com/reports/002-00116.pdf

Can anyone shed any light on the subject for me?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and hello! :)

New here. My first post outside the 'New Members' bit :)

I think you might have been reading some old posts ? as at one time there was not one :o

I'm sure there is one now, as lots have been importing them :D

Well I just spoke to a trader and he said you dont need one! :s

Is the ten year rule in effect or not? If I decided to import, would it have to be a June 99 on? (assumign it landed next mth)

Well I just spoke to a trader and he said you dont need one! :s

Is the ten year rule in effect or not? If I decided to import, would it have to be a June 99 on? (assumign it landed next mth)

Yer you don't need one if its 10yrs old :D

Must be over 10 years not to need one,mine came into the UK at 12 years old and is tested as an LS430

OK, I get that it doesnt need ESVA if its over tebn years old when registering.

But the Model report states for 99-05 cars. So is it a valid report or what? If I imported say a 2002 car could I use that report?

Im a little confuddlededededededed

:D

IIRC the problem is with the ECU, there are 2 different part numbers.

Later cars had a different ECU part number and so the Model Reports are not valid.

IIRC the problem is with the ECU, there are 2 different part numbers.

Later cars had a different ECU part number and so the Model Reports are not valid.

Any idea of what build date the later ECU was fitted?

Ive seen a couple of cars I like the look of, but dont wanna bid on them if I wont be able to get it on the road obviously! :o

I imported my altezza a year and a half ago and needed an ESVA.... it was a royal pain in the a**e!!

In order to comply with the model report EVERY SINGLE PART of the car must be in standard form for the test... which was a bugger as i had Front and Rear ARB's, TRD shocks n springs, Aluminium manifold, exhaust etc etc, even the tyre sizes must be standard sizes... i gathered up a list of standard parts while my car was on its ship on the way over from Japan... The only place in the whole of the UK i found that was willing to do the ESVA without charging me a winning lottery ticket was away down in Bristol

After alot of faffing about i went and picked my car up from Liverpool docks and trailored it to Bristol, the guy i had there got it registered, tax'd MOT'd and he got it through the ESVA test for me :)

Theres only 1model report im sure so seeing as theres 2 types of ECU if u get the wrong kind 99% of places will fail it, however find some1 nice enuff and they will put a sticker on it so it complys with whats on the model report :whistling:

Your best bet would be to get a car thats 10yrs old or more, that way its nice and simple and would save u a lot of money and messing around

Dave!

Thanks Dave, thats a comprehensive reply!

So I think if I import, it might have to be a 1999.

Now to find one reasonably priced!

Ive talked to a couple of dealers and I think theyre not bull****ting too much when they say that theyre not making so much money on them now... Saying that the forecourt prices have probably gone up to compensate the cheeky ba$tards! :D

Thanks again.

ANyone else?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links