Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turkish Grand Prix

Thought I'd get a more cheery topic going ;) anyone going to watch the Grand Prix? I'm a Ferrari fan so not been great this year & a Massa fan... So goooo Massa today, who are you guys supporting?

I am not a Button fan or Hamilton, well unless they join Ferrari one day haha..

I've got it open in another window on my PC, watching via the BBC website (no TV in the room with my computer).

I've got to go out in a little while, so won't be able to watch the whole thing.

Supporting Button today, hope he can either win or at least finish on the podium.

Whats the deal with these cheat buttons where they get more power for a short time? Even though the guys with it aren't winning still, surely thats not really fair is it?

Well, they're not really "cheat" buttons. The idea was supposed to be that all teams would have these devices (KERS, Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems), and it would improve the show by letting teams "push to pass".

The trouble is it all ended up being more expensive/complicated than expected, so very few teams ended up using them. Only McLaren really have a decent system, Ferrari sometimes run it, sometimes Renault do and BMW sometimes for Heidfeld.

Whats the deal with these cheat buttons where they get more power for a short time? Even though the guys with it aren't winning still, surely thats not really fair is it?

looks like KERS will be scrapped next season :D

I liked the idea of KERS, because if everyone had it we'd potentially get more overtaking, or at least overtaking attempts (because of course the guy in front would have the opportunity to defend *if* he had enough KERS charge left that lap).

It doesn't really make sense at the moment given that only a few teams have it.

I do wish Eddie Jordan would stop banging on about it being an "old" technology though. How "new" exactly is the internal combustion engine ?!

I can see why Ferrari will sulk about that as well with KERS being scrapped as they said in the interview they spents loads on it, but still they can't win which is such a shame for me anyway.. Must say I did enjoy the race today though, alot better not having adverts on all the way through it as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links