Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Work In It? Got Any Jobs Going?

Just finished uni a couple of weeks ago and have got my graduation in july so I need a job but am struggling to find one so anyone whos working in IT able to recommend me? ;) I've got previous tech support experience so would be handy lol...I know its not exactly the sort of place to be asking for a job but if anyone can get in touch with me it would be much appreciated.

Btw, I'm in manchester so anything around the manchester area/north west would do.

What sort of IT work are you after?

IT support, SQL, VB, Web design? I may know a couple of good recruitment agencies that I can put you in touch with.

Hi mate,

What network technologies did you actually get any hands-on experience with while at uni?

Are you looking for a full time position or is it just to tide you over until you find something better. :)

Anees

whilst at uni the whole networking thing was quite vague tbh mate as they only teach the basics but while I was working as a techy for a while we did a full install in a school for example, we had to do all the wiring, 16 desktops, 18 laptops, wireless access points, sort the switches out, the server which was a windows 2003 based server but I didnt do much work with that. its been all sorts of stuff really but I could say that a lot of the stuff I've learnt has been self taught as well but also learnt quite a few things whilst working as a techy as I used to go to all sorts of companies to sort their problems out.

as for the position itself mate, either or really, fully time would do me fine or even for a short period of time, either way both would be learning experiences.

Have you done a CV, is it a bit more "precise" than these posts? If so then got to www.jobserve.com and go to the IT section and do some searches for support or similar.

Be warnd over 100 people apply for each vacancy ( hence my comment about the CV ) as you have to get the application submitted quickly and have a good looking CV and "letter" of application ( when required ) which should normally be about a paragraph and should be truthful, stand out and be relevant otherwise it gets binned.

If you want to find out about writing a CV you can always use the facilities on my website (www.jobpatch.com) I cannot help you with a job in Manchester but we do cover from Birmingham down to Gloucestershire.

For FREE CV advice and more go here > CLICK ME

You can always email me your CV and I'll get one of my girls to spruce it up for you (PM me if interested and I'll PM my email back)

Good luck

Phil

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links