Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just returned from a trip to the south of France. Everything great except on the return journey...

Outside temperature started at 30 degrees and rose to 33 degrees at one point. With A/C set to max cold we were stewing in the heat inside the car for a large part of the journey. The air blowing out of the vents seemed only slightly cooler than the ambient temperature.

Later on in the journey the O/S temp dropped to a more manageable 26-28 degrees and the A/C then kept us comfortable.

Now I don't want to have freezing cold air coming out of the vents all the time but I would have thought that setting the climate control to max cold should be able to cool down the cabin temperature to a comfortable level regardless of the O/S temp.

Has anyone else had this problem?

JBP

As ColinBarber stated, check the pollen filter behind the glove box, mine was almost blocked when I purchased the car and the quantity of air was minimal even on high fan speed. Once changed the air flow increased dramatically and the heating and cold air was much more effective.

The Air Con appears effective in the current UK climate, but notice the air flow is often on high or the next speed down with outside temperatures of 24C and full sunshine. I set the cabin temperature to 21-22C. I have had my air conditioning regassed so it should now be working at it's best.

• 2 weeks later...
As ColinBarber stated, check the pollen filter behind the glove box, mine was almost blocked when I purchased the car and the quantity of air was minimal even on high fan speed. Once changed the air flow increased dramatically and the heating and cold air was much more effective.

The Air Con appears effective in the current UK climate, but notice the air flow is often on high or the next speed down with outside temperatures of 24C and full sunshine. I set the cabin temperature to 21-22C. I have had my air conditioning regassed so it should now be working at it's best.

My air con works fine here in Greece, with outside tempratures reaching 40C in the summer. Even after the car is left for a couple of hours in the sun and the inside temprature is around 40+ the aircon works like a charm. I change m,y inside cabin filter every year (30 euros cost).

Must be some problem with the gas inside the aircon system....have it regassed like Laura said....

• 2 weeks later...

There's a TSB about poor A/C performance. It may or may not be your problem. The TSB # is AC002-05.

If I knew how to attach a .pdf, I could post it here, but the meat and potatoes of the TSB is below. Check your VIN to see if your vehicle applies (if your VIN is than in the TSB this may apply to you)

Some 2006 model year RX 400h vehicles may experience poor A/C performance due to

a low refrigerant level. This TSB provides a procedure to correct this condition.

􀀀 2006 model year RX 400h vehicles produced BEFORE the Production Change

Effective VIN shown below.

MODEL DRIVETRAIN PRODUCTION CHANGE EFFECTIVE VIN

RX 400h 4WD JTJHW31U#60025114

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links