Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Teens Die In A Horiffic Crash

Poor people.

But since when was an IS200 high powered?

It may sound cruel, but I would suggest that the car had more power than the driver knew what to do with...

You may well be right there, RWD takes a degree of skill if you aren't used to it, it can bite.

Poor people.

But since when was an IS200 high powered?

It may sound cruel, but I would suggest that the car had more power than the driver knew what to do with...

You may well be right there, RWD takes a degree of skill if you aren't used to it, it can bite.

very true, when i got my hands on a is200, the RWD scared the hell out of me, nearly lost is on the motorway slip road, and on a roundabout. and this was coming from a 2.0litre vectra

very true, when i got my hands on a is200, the RWD scared the hell out of me, nearly lost is on the motorway slip road, and on a roundabout. and this was coming from a 2.0litre vectra

In the dry ? How were you driving ? :unsure:

the one on the slip road it was wet, and it was one of those where you dont have to stop at the roundabout, theres a specific lane to let you continue onto the other motorway, in my vectra in any conditions safest speed would be at 40mph, i did 40mph in the lexus and lost the back which scared the living day lights of me, the back went right, and then left then right, whilst i was trying to correct it. after that i never did it at more then 30mph, even cars behind werent happy.

roundabout it was dry, was going my normal speed and then lost the back, but that was before i replaced my tyres, i think the thread was extremely low and illegal.

the difference in my eyes between FWD and RWD is massive and can be dangerous in a inexperianced hands like mine were

I switch between an AWD and the IS200. I need to keep reminding myself on wet roads about the limitations of the Is200. Inexperienced drivers who have no experience of RWD could easily get caught out. They don't know any different and possibly don't know that the IS200 is RWD anyway.

Sounds like your geo was out, can easily do 40mph round a motorway slip type bend even in the wet - did you boot the throttle at that point?

wierd must have been, thats why i got caughy out, the vectra did it comfortabll

the thread was extremely low and illegal.

:ohmy: You were asking for trouble!

haha yes i was and for once in my life changed them straight away !

I switch between an AWD and the IS200. I need to keep reminding myself on wet roads about the limitations of the Is200. Inexperienced drivers who have no experience of RWD could easily get caught out. They don't know any different and possibly don't know that the IS200 is RWD anyway.

very true, i never driven a RWD before and fortunally knew it was, as the day i bought it i went to garage and got new discs and pads fitted and sussed out it was RWD.

After those two incidents i was very careful and went round bends and roundabouts slowly then normal just to make sure, didnt want to crash did i? well i did eventually

When i mentioned the airbags, i forgot that the emergency services had cut all the roof off. Wondered where it had gone too.

Although again, looking at the speed he must have crashed at, the airbags wouldnt have stopped much harm.

I prefer my Lexus. Coming from a Seat Leon 1.9TDI (new shapre) this handles miles better.

Little understeer, only time i nearly loose it is somewhere like B&Q carpark in the rain, wheels spin up for fun.

In need of some new tyres, but £117 Fitted is a little steep at this moment, theres a credit crunch on!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links