Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I know I've seen this on here before but cannot find it and am certainly not in the mood to look indepth so sorry for repeat post.

Basically, driving along M11 this afternoon on a 250 mile trip home, all gong well for first 50 miles or so and all of a sudden feels like engine cut out and then I see the christmas tree lights and Check VSC on screen.

Car obviously went into limp mode which is bloody well dangerous on a motorway with lorries screaming up the back of you - thought I could make a mile or 2 to the services but got to a hill and car virtually died its death.

RAC attended in 30 minutes, knew straight away they couldn't fix nd then I had to wait over an hour for a flat bed to bring me all the way home - nearly 200 miles.

Got the mandatory visit from the wannabee policemen (sorry, Highway Agency officers) - any reason you are stopped on the hard shoulder sir? Yes, I replied, I wanted to stretch my :tsktsk: legs........to be honest I was surprised that they didn't shut down lane one because my car was with 2 feet of the slow lane.......

9 :tsktsk: hours it has taken me to get home, most of which has been stuck in the breakdown trucks cab with no air con crawling along at 50 mph max.

Therefore, not impressed at all! One good thing I suppose is I didn't realise I was still covered by Lexus breakdown even though car is nearly 2 years old? Much confusion has followed over who is dealing with car recovery and hire car arrangements - HSBC (Leased), RAC, Lexus Breakdown or even no one at all! Anyway, appears I am getting a hire car via someone tomorrow that will be, I quote, 'Lexus like' - probably a toyota avensis...... :crybaby:

Anyway, rant over - Any ideas what exactly this error means and how long to fix????

This post should help ( 2 oxgen sensors and an ECU on this one ):

Check VSC post

If you want to look deeper do a search ant copy and paste the below INCLUDING QUOTES into search box:

"check VSC"

Cheers Steve

Now I have calmed down and cooled off, had a good look and appears fairly common plus it could be one of several things.

Having now read the RAC report, it states 'Particulate Trap Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 Ref to Lexus'

Maybe the Cat???

Oh, forgot to mention, just had hire company on the phone......they are coming to pick me up shortly once they have collected my hire car from Mercedes Benz.....

now is that a :D or is it going to be a :( ????

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's an SLR or an S65AMG.

In the real world, probably a C180 Poverty Class.

Knock me down with a feather - only a brand new ML320 Special Edition turned up!!!

Very nice car indeed.........

well, got a call from Lexus this afternoon, not bad saying they only had the car mid-morning

apparantly it is the cat, gaskets and some kind of pipes?

Sounds major but they reckon it could even be ready tomorrow night if the parts arrive as they have already stripped it down......

Needless to say, I told them to take their time, no rush........

Knock me down with a feather - only a brand new ML320 Special Edition turned up!!!

Well, knock me down with a feather too. An ML320!!!!. Lots of off roading potential there.

Well, knock me down with a feather too. An ML320!!!!. Lots of off roading potential there.

might well just give it a go this evening.........will be the only time I ever get to drive a car that costs around the £40k mark

Nice car provided, think I has a corsa when I had complete brake failure on my steep drive :(

Be good to get it back tomorrow, will also be interesting to find out why. Cat failure can be due to too much fuel I think, you haven't had starting problems have you.

Nice car provided, think I has a corsa when I had complete brake failure on my steep drive :(

Be good to get it back tomorrow, will also be interesting to find out why. Cat failure can be due to too much fuel I think, you haven't had starting problems have you.

have had no problems at all with the car to be honest - was a complete bolt out of the blue.

Only thing I've done differently of late is a few longer trips - 500miles+ with 250 mile journey at a time

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links