Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Bumper Incident :(

Hi all,

i official hate multi story car parks!! i was reversing and hit an edge of a wall. The problem is that the wall is soo low and hard to see since all the surroundings are the same colour. Lucky i wasnt exatly moving so quickly its dented and scratched :( im soo annoyed with my self! ive attached photos of the damage and was wonder if anyone can guess how much it might cost to repair :( also i might as well join the GOLD membership to save a bit of money :(((

bumper1o.th.jpg

bumper2x.th.jpg

soo angry with myself... on a side note this is the same horrible multi story car park that i scrapped two my alloys (FR and RL) guess i have terrible lucky with car parks.

so what do you think boys and girls? replacement bumper or just a buff and minor dent repair?

blue bumpers can't be that hard to come by but u never quite know what condition they'll be in, get a quote for the required repair first

Might get away with a chipsaway type repair on that, always worth a shot. Alternatively as above, might get a replacement painted bumper off eBay or a breakers for around the same price............

Also could be an idea to get some parking sensors, wouldn't have a car without them myself now :)

ive just joined a GOLD membership as the guy said they would make it cheaper. Im going to take the car to Lexus tomorrow and he will give me a quote. I feel awfully... it was bad enough 2 famous people died yesterday and now my car T_____T

whats chips away?? will it even repair the top part? if you look at the photo it kinda does in.. hard to explain but you can kinda see what i mean on the photo

Chipsaway are a mobile smart repair company, I can't really tell from that pic, but my brother did very similar damage to a Leon he had a while back by reversing into a low wall. Bumper had a slight dent and paint damage, chipsaway filled it in and resprayed the area - it looked great, no sign it had been repaired.

i'll be interested in how they work their magic :| the lexus teesside dealer did mention that they come on thursday so im just curious what quote the Lexus guy is going to say. Also i didnt realise they fix alloy wheels as well :o ive got some kerb markings.... yes from the same horrible car park that my company uses in Newcastle. Damn you Multi story car park and my stupid parking skills :(

They will probably get in chipsaway or someone similar to do their work!! The dealers can't do it themselves unless they do paintwork and that will cost a lot more than £70!!

thanks guy :) well im waiting for thursday for the phone call to see if the guy can fix it :) apparently he used to work for chipsaway so fingers crossed hes good. I guess if worse comes to worse and a new rear bumper is to be replaced maybe might be worth buying the skirts and front lip and get them sprayed and mounted as well :) good idea? which reminds me how long does the gold membership take? i purchased it on friday but my user name hasnt got a GOLD member icon yet :(

thanks guy :) well im waiting for thursday for the phone call to see if the guy can fix it :) apparently he used to work for chipsaway so fingers crossed hes good. I guess if worse comes to worse and a new rear bumper is to be replaced maybe might be worth buying the skirts and front lip and get them sprayed and mounted as well :) good idea? which reminds me how long does the gold membership take? i purchased it on friday but my user name hasnt got a GOLD member icon yet :(

i became gold on sunday and had the gold badge on monday you have to e-mail steve with your user name mate.

email address you need is steve@locuk.co.uk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links