Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Moving On!

Hiya,

My other half has finally persuaded me to sell the IS300, my baby! :crybaby:

And get a new shape GS430 :driving: so if any of you are selling or know of any good deals at the mo would appreciate you pointing me in the direction!

Ideally would like a black one :)

Thanks in advance

Nat.

Have driven one in the past and was pretty impressed, they are really quick! Also an absolute bargain now, my dealer had one for around £13k a while ago if I remember correctly, which is unbelievable for a car that's only a few years old, with all that luxury and fully loaded with toys like the adaptive cruise.......

fully loaded with toys like the adaptive cruise.......

I definately think they are worth the money, we need something slightly bigger than the IS so thought the GS would be good for us...

I was with my mum when she tried the adaptive crusie control in her car... i was very impressed, although im not sure if i could stop my foot from pressing the break!! Must deffinately take some getting used to!

Must deffinately take some getting used to!

Nah you'll get used to it in seconds, tried it out on the M1 in a test drive and it works really well, always maintains the same gap to the car in front, and even reacts well if someone suddenly pulls out in front of you - that actually happened and the car slammed on the brakes just as I would have......ever since that test drive that's the only thing I would really love to have on my next car :)

The GS is a great car, except for the slightly awkward boot opening there isn't a lot you can fault it for.

Is likely to be my next car also, unless work suddenly requires me to drive loads when a diesel would be the obvious choice. My MkII 430 is an excellent car, so the MkIII must be a fabulous motor.

Are there many 460s around? I use the boot space too much for the hybrid to be viable, but I don't think I've ever seen a GS460 anywhere - dealer or on the road. That must be an absolute cracker, and because of the fuel costs, probably a real second-hand bargain. The initial depreciation must be terrifying on them!

Are there many 460s around? I use the boot space too much for the hybrid to be viable, but I don't think I've ever seen a GS460 anywhere - dealer or on the road. That must be an absolute cracker, and because of the fuel costs, probably a real second-hand bargain. The initial depreciation must be terrifying on them!

I don't think there are many actually, it seems to be a car that might be rarer than the IS-F! There's one on the approved used website at the mo though........£30k for an '08' plate with 6k miles..........a bargain!

why not mail them and ask them to call you - should be ok though, just have to be a tad more careful.

Tried to "contact the seller" but it come up with this....

So not sure what to do....

Attention!

We have determined you are trying to contact an eBay member with whom you are not currently involved in an open transaction. For the protection of the eBay community, we sometimes block these types of communication. To prevent this occurrence from happening in the future, we recommend the following:

If you are a seller, respond to all bidder questions before the auction ends.

If you are trying to contact the seller of an item that has not yet ended go to the item page and click the “Ask seller a question” link.

If you are the winning buyer of an item go to your My eBay page under the items I’ve Won section. Click the action drop down menu and choose the “contact seller” action.

If you are a seller trying to contact your winning buyer, go to My eBay and under the Items I’ve Sold section, click the action drop down menu. Choose the “contact buyer” action.

Reply to seller/bidder through personal email provider (if the sender has not hidden their email address).

Thank you for your understanding.

Depending on how long the auction has left, you could edit description to ask that anyone with less than xx or 0 feedback contact you before placing a bid

Depending on how long the auction has left, you could edit description to ask that anyone with less than xx or 0 feedback contact you before placing a bid

I did put on there when i done it that if you dont have at least 10 feedback please do not bid without contacting me first but they have placed a bid any way.

Hopefully it wont be a time waster! Why do people keep bidding on something if they have no intentions of actually buying it!! :tsktsk:

What have you set the reserve at? Did you try asking a Lexus dealer for a p/ex value? They're actually offering good money for good condition mk1 ISs as they have a good demand for them at the moment.

:crying: Its reached reserve, looks like its actually going to go!! :crybaby:

Is this yours? LINK

Looking very cheap at the mo, hope the price rises towards the end, one thing I'd do if you have time is put the black mesh back in the front bumper, stick the 'L' badge back on and put the factory stereo back in. Making the car look less modified might help it get a higher price :)

Yes thats mine :( I will be sad to see it go...

I cant change it now as people have already been bidding for it as its shown in the pics....

If for any reason the highest bidder turns out to be a messer i might spray it back and then re list it, the original stereo will definately be going back in but i did put that in the listing.

Its annoying you cant just edit the listing, i didnt realise that so now i have 2 descriptions!!

That went really cheap! Did you try a p/ex? How much did Lexus offer you for it?

My car's similar to yours but it's an IS200 auto on '02' plate with 45k on the clock and my dealer offered my £5k for it........hope you've got a buyer that will cherish the car at least :)

got offered £4,300 on it px at a private garage against a Caspian Sky IS250,

Also i think a dealer bought it as all is feedback is for cars... but all cheap cars under £1000 so dunno if they wanted it for personal use or not

Fair enough, have you already found the GS to replace it or does the hunt start now? :)

Yes on the hunt now for a 2005 Black GS430 SE-L or GS300 SE-L, with grey of cream leather interior... so if any one knows of any a point in the direction would be much appreciated :)

Not in any rush because i want the right one so dont mind waiting a little while for it to come along.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links