Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Egypt

I've posted this on another car forum i frequent, but i thought the more answers the merrier :blush:

so.......

Has anyone been on holiday to Egypt?

Were looking at going at the end of August. I've never been before, but i've always wanted to visit the pyramids etc.

It seems to be really good value at the moment and was wondering if anyone can recommend places to stay. Ideally we want to go to a nice hotel 4* or above hotel and go all inclusive, but we've no idea on the best 'resort' to stay at, with good amenities, food etc... Any advice welcome.

Sharm el Sheikh seems to offer decent value, but is quite away away from the pyramids, although i understand they do day trips there for about £130, which includes a short flight.

Cheers :shifty:

sharm is 100% a tourist resort ( think blackpool) and EVERYTHING ic aimed at the tourist - i thought it was cheap and tacky TBH prices are also higher.

TBH i didnt think much of egypt - i got hacked off with people trying to sell u crap every few steps.

Just back from a cruise down the Nile. No pyramids but they aren't all that to be honest, the cruise is the closest to the real Egypt you will get, you see everything including many temples that you can touch and feel, great value also but you must go AI else you will get ripped off for water and beer etc!!

I loved bits of it, and hated bits of it. I went for a week's diving in the Red Sea, which is pretty much the finest scuba diving area in the world. That bit was just amazing... On the other hand, you will literally not be able to walk more than about 20 yards without someone grabbing at you to try and sell you something, and then acting all offended when you eventually get so fed up with it you tell them bluntly to f*** right off. It really, really, gets on my wick when people just will not leave you alone. It's not just at stalls in the street either, you find the same in shopping centres...

Off to Sharm in 4 weeks. Will tell you what its like when we get back.

Staying at Coral Sea Imperial booked through First Choice.

I went in 05 & want 2 go back weather is spot on only thing i didnt like was gettin hassle 2 buy its a rite pain & they think saying UK phrases like cheap as chips & asda price is funny also taxi drivers think u carnt walk & pip @ u constantly lol but u have 2 go on a boat trip 2 snorkel its just amazing try Trip Advisor 2 find a good hotel its a holiday u will enjoy & never 4get the Pyramids are a must i did it by coach from sharm was a killer but worth it ;0) there is just so much 2 do even go with the Bedwins & watch the sun set.

thanks for your replies guys. From what i've heard and it seems to be echoed on here, is that its a bit of a love hate type of place.

I can cope with pushy people in the shops, i've been to quite a few places where shop keepers hassle you, but it doesn't really bother me. Montego Bay last year was possible the worst experience i've had as we wondered of the main tourist route!

I'll look forward to your report Damer B)

i went to sharm in feb for a 40th with the lads,7 of us at the airport ,2 taxis needed 1 cost 220 e pounds the other 200,25 minute ride..which is the same price we pay at home..got a minibus on the way back to airport 100 e pounds between us and a 10 minute trip,we did the 4 in 1;;back of a land rover through the desert,then snorkeling,then camel ride,back in l rover to another beach for more snork each time we pulled up around 10 kids surrounded our l rover hands out begging for money and food looking to see what they could grab from your hand,hotel was old fashioned but with the lads we dont care,,a bed for the night,all in food and drink and 340 quid for a week we were happy.... going back next feb

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links