Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loose Brake Discs?

Hi all,

I was changing some front brakepads on a RX300 the other day and one wheel went fine except i noticed there was no anti rattle clips - does this car have them?

And then more importantly, when doing the other front wheel, i was shocked to suddenly notice that after i'd fitted the pads and was sliding the caliper over them, the brake disc was loose, it couldnt go far because of the caliper and pads there but was amazed these are not screwed into the hub.

I sat it back on the rim but it could still easily be moved, I know when the wheel is on it cant go anywhere and will be in position - but is this normal????

Its not my car, I have the LS, but i cant stop thinking about it. I have driven it more than the owner since and have noticed an occasional clunk (brakes work perfectly!) - i put this down to the anti rattle clips/pins being missing but can't remember the noise previously, but i didnt drive it often enough to notice anyway really.

Should the discs be fixed or is that just the design????? I've never seen that way before

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated as i dont fancy checking them every few days for her

I know on my fronts when i changed them that the discs just sat loosely as well, my mate said that they might need some grubs but didn't see how that would help as there was no where for the grub screws to be screwed into, so i just left them loose and built the caliper around the disc. all seems to be ok as with your example so just think its a lexus thing

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links