Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shakey/viabration

Evening All, can anyone help pls, wen drivin on the m'way after 70mph the car seem 2 have a shaky/ viabrating feel, i can feel it in the accelerator pedal, and even the passenger seat is viabrating. Wen i let go of the steering wheel its shakes left and right, ive had all wheels balance still the same, any idea guys?

thanks

have you checked the brakes?could be seizing on and when they are very hot it causes the disk/disks to warp and give you a horrible vibration

had this on mine when i first got it,stripping the calipers and cleaning the pistons up sort'd it right out!! :winky: not too hard either.

well it all started since i had my rear pads changed and at the same time they tried 2 tighten my hand brake, which seems the same if not slightly more loose. after this went on the m'way and the car was makin a loud viabratin noise had 2 slow down happened at speed, went back 2 the garage and they said the wheels needed balancing, but its all strange how it started after the pad change.

jack up the rear of the car (handbrake off) and try and spin the wheels they might have tightened one or both side too much. the design of the rear shoes means if over tightened the shoes will jump inside the drum which would explain your loud vibrating noise but not the shaking through the steering??try jacking up the rear first and let us know how you get on.

Cheers will do and check it out, originally with the steering wheel shaking left and right i thought could need tracking. Just a quick one when i jack the car up wat am i looking 4? how free the wheel rotates or for noise, sorry im awful at mechanical things, normally jus pay a mechanic/garage keep my hands clean, lol.

Cheers will do and check it out, originally with the steering wheel shaking left and right i thought could need tracking. Just a quick one when i jack the car up wat am i looking 4? how free the wheel rotates or for noise, sorry im awful at mechanical things, normally jus pay a mechanic/garage keep my hands clean, lol.

just spin the wheels mate,just to see if they spin ok.

when spun you should hear a slight scuffing noise if you spin the wheel and it stops dead then it needs to be de-adjusted(might be better if you take it a run first to heat up the brakes)

as with the tracking you normally dont feel when your trackings out(unless really really bad) you just notice it in your tyre wear could be a dodgy tyre(warped tread) also could be a buckled wheel.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links