Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Mounts

Abbas

Hi, does anyone know where I can find the engine mounts? I want to see if they need tightening/adjusting if possible in hope that it will stop the car shaking/vibrating.

Like when suddenly slowing down to a very low speed then when you hit the gas the engine shakes like no ones business! Also does it at idle like gear stick shaking and my mobile phone thats attached to the windscreen via suction cup.

Thanks

Ask a silly question!

There either side and one on the gearbox i believe.

Stav

On the engine! :D

I meant whereabouts in the engine bay? If its easy to reach and have a look.

Will take a look in the morning...

left and right of the engine under the 2 mounting brackets, they sit between the brackets and the front subframe

the left one looking from the front is the easiest to see, as its below the exhaust manifold

left and right of the engine under the 2 mounting brackets, they sit between the brackets and the front subframe

the left one looking from the front is the easiest to see, as its below the exhaust manifold

Thanks Mat that answers my question, now If they need a lil tightning and solve my problem that would be great!

check propshaft bolts also.

If it is vibrating that bad when idling you may be able to simply open the bonnet and have a look/feel about to see what is moving if anything. Don't be afraid to give the engine a good rattling back and forth. It will move ok but shouldn't be excessive.

check propshaft bolts also.

If it is vibrating that bad when idling you may be able to simply open the bonnet and have a look/feel about to see what is moving if anything. Don't be afraid to give the engine a good rattling back and forth. It will move ok but shouldn't be excessive.

Thanks I will give that a go,

could it be a gearbox mount?

if idling and rev engine and it rocks a lot then maybe engine mounts, but if not then was just a though for gearbox ones??

could it be a gearbox mount?

if idling and rev engine and it rocks a lot then maybe engine mounts, but if not then was just a though for gearbox ones??

Thanks

Yea I will check all mounts ones I can get to anyway and tighten them to the correct torque if needed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links