Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Se Bridgestone Tyres Are Theses Any Good ? 215 45 17 W

i have just put 4 brand new tyres they are bridgestone 215 45 17W-Z ARE THESE ANY GOOD ON MY LEXUS IS200 SE X REG 2000

thats just like saying i just put some rubber bands on my wheels????? whats the model of the tyre??? potenza?? but yes bridgestone are nice tyres

also why the SHOUTING?lol :winky:

i have just put 4 brand new tyres they are bridgestone 215 45 17W-Z ARE THESE ANY GOOD ON MY LEXUS IS200 SE X REG 2000

thats just like saying i just put some rubber bands on my wheels????? whats the model of the tyre??? potenza?? but yes bridgestone are nice tyres

also why the SHOUTING?lol :winky:

yes they are potenza

good tyres mate and also expensive.

cheers ormi , my mate got 4 brand new ones for £300 , potenza,a brand new he done a trick where he works, just wanted to know if they were suitable for is

cheers ormi , my mate got 4 brand new ones for £300 , potenza,a brand new he done a trick where he works, just wanted to know if they were suitable for is

thats some price bud very cheap £75 each for a named brand is amazing.

i got Potenza's all round on mine good tyres & i'm well pleased , just watch out cos if they are the same as mine

they ain't got the " rim protectors on !

what do you mean by rim protectors ????

thats some price bud very cheap £75 each for a named brand is amazing.

good stuff matey , whats a rim protector ???? soemone said thaey may need protector is that true your a mechanic ???

IS200's left the showroom with Bridgestone Potenzas fitted when new. New IS200's were also fitted with Dunlop SP9000's for a while as well.

Rim protectors are a thicker bit of rubber made into the tyre wall mould to try and help protect the alloy from damage if you run along the kerb slightly. It would not save you if you drive hard into the kerb though!! But can be a bit of help.

I would say they are only useful if you make a very very slight error. Anything else and you've done damage. With alloys you need a good margin of error when parking or get someone to help you. People usually damage the near side front because most people park on the left and you can't see it from the driver's seat. Why can't technology come to the rescue?

IS200's left the showroom with Bridgestone Potenzas fitted when new. New IS200's were also fitted with Dunlop SP9000's for a while as well.

cheers kam , i previosly had dunlop sports they were good tyres but i got these potenza,s cheap brand new

I would say they are only useful if you make a very very slight error. Anything else and you've done damage. With alloys you need a good margin of error when parking or get someone to help you. People usually damage the near side front because most people park on the left and you can't see it from the driver's seat. Why can't technology come to the rescue?

cheers kenfox

Hi guys, from wat i was told the potenzas without the rim protectors are the nz batch code and those with the protectors are the cz batch. Difference besides the rim protector is the compound/ material used in the manufacture of the tyre.

Hi guys, from wat i was told the potenzas without the rim protectors are the nz batch code and those with the protectors are the cz batch. Difference besides the rim protector is the compound/ material used in the manufacture of the tyre.

what does that mean they are no good ?????

Rim protector just helps prevent damaging the alloys if you scrape against a kerb, no real impact on the actual tyre performance.

Can't remember which, but as above the Bridgestone was one of the OEM tyres for the IS200 (as well as the dunlops) and it was either the RE040 or the RE050.

The original was the RE040 - still got a brand new as yet unused spare in the boot :) Having said that I'll now get a puncture!!

They did stop doing the RE040 for while and Lexus recommended the RE050 instead but they seem to be around again now.

The original was the RE040 - still got a brand new as yet unused spare in the boot :) Having said that I'll now get a puncture!!

They did stop doing the RE040 for while and Lexus recommended the RE050 instead but they seem to be around again now.

mine are the RE050

They didn't have the RE040s when I went to change so got the RE050s as well. Had them on for about 12k now and they are lasting really well. Excellent grip in the wet and quiet.

was gonna say, potenza is just the sub brand, need the RE... bit too. I had heard something years ago on here that one of the versions, dunno if 040 or 050 was pants compared to the other.

Would love to know as I may need new tyres fairly soon.

Mind you, I have Dunlop SP9000 Sports and love em, lasted ages. BUT, make sure you get the Japan versions as they are the correct "Lexus" versions which are a different compound and stiffer side wall.

Dunlop do NOT recommend the normal (made in germany I think) SP9000 for the IS200. Upsets the handling.

I don;t know if you can still get the SP9000 Sports any more though! :-(

You can't get the Dunlop SP9000's (Made in Japan/Lexus specific ones) anymore AFAIK.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetrics are a good replacement for the SP9000's.

was gonna say, potenza is just the sub brand, need the RE... bit too. I had heard something years ago on here that one of the versions, dunno if 040 or 050 was pants compared to the other.

Would love to know as I may need new tyres fairly soon.

Mind you, I have Dunlop SP9000 Sports and love em, lasted ages. BUT, make sure you get the Japan versions as they are the correct "Lexus" versions which are a different compound and stiffer side wall.

Dunlop do NOT recommend the normal (made in germany I think) SP9000 for the IS200. Upsets the handling.

I don;t know if you can still get the SP9000 Sports any more though! :-(

yes it was the RE040 versions , thats why you couldnt get them for a while , the re050 versions are the more tougher ones hod the wet wheather well

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links