Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Headlights

Hello all I want some pointers I never post normally cos I always search the threads first but for this I want a pearsonall response :whistling:

My lights are steaming up in all this rain so I guess the seals are going, the drivers side is the worse, with this I sometimes get what I can only imagine to be the light heigh aduster twiching, makes a noise like it's going up and down a small amount quickly, would this be due to condinsation mucking about with it , or do i need to replace somthing or the entire light?

I was going to install the angel eye kit, which is the best one togo for there is a seller always on eBay for about £44 I think with out looking who claims to be the best , is this the case ?

for the spraying of the internals from shiny chrome to black which is the best paints and how do you get the best results, and what is the best colour my car is the fire red and the rear lights are smoked, instead of doing the headlights black would a grey be better to match the back, if that makes sense?

Now i dt want to start another debate on this as some people say its fine and others say its not but i did want hids can i get a projector unit to go in as a unirversall custom job or is it now woth the cash, would it be better to stick to some really good high wattage bulbs ? and turn the high beam to hids ?

my car is 1999

I did see some [projector lights on the yanky eBay but these are for 2001 and on so i guess they wont fit? and the beam direction would be wrong?

finally re sealing the lamps is it best to use silicon or use propper stuff to reseal from a dealer etc, but if i did that would they not go again in a few year?

thanks

ben

:blush: :blush: :shifty::unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

i have hid's fitted in fullbeam and headlight(also getting a set for my fog lights) and i've had no problems ie police and the light output is amazin i and many others on here will highly recomend them. i will never go back to standard bulbs ever again the boy next door was that impressed with my lights he went and bought two sets for his old manta.

as for the headlights i seperated mine scuffed the inside down used etch primer then satin black paint and resealed and to be honest i wish i had used some silicone sealer(one of the lights slightly steams up)i will seperate and fix when i come back from my holiday.

yank lights will throw the beam patteren the wrong way.

hope that helps mate.

so happy i actually got a reply, the hid kit you got is a plug and play kit, or did u custom fit a projector lense in there,,

i hate steamy lights

if the cleaqr front cover lense thing, you no right at the front that bugs hit have gone slightly yellow do you clean these up or replace,,,

i nearly replaced my is200 for a scooby the other day,, but i just could not do it, i love me lex,, just wish it had more power

so happy i actually got a reply, the hid kit you got is a plug and play kit, or did u custom fit a projector lense in there,,

i hate steamy lights

if the cleaqr front cover lense thing, you no right at the front that bugs hit have gone slightly yellow do you clean these up or replace,,,

i nearly replaced my is200 for a scooby the other day,, but i just could not do it, i love me lex,, just wish it had more power

just plug in and play mate not going to faf about with projector lenses.

you can clean them up using brasso or a fine t cut that'll make them look like new me and a few others on here have cleaned our lights this way..

Ormi, can you point me into the right direction for decent hid kits for me please ,, best to goto flea bay? do i need 2 kits if i want todo full and low beam , and how do the full beams become brighter than low beam is it diff bullbs you mentiond hb4 hb3,, so what are the hb2 and hb1 even brighter,, it confuses me abit lol

hb4 also know has h4 and same for hb3/h3 are just the size/fitment for is200, nothing to do with power/brightness, if you type hid kit in eBay you will see all different ones for rover/ford/bmw etc fitment, search hid on this site will show are the answers you mainly need, if i were you i would start off as most do and get a (i think) hb4 kit for dipped beams first, then possibly mains/fogs etc.

thanks john that cleared that up for me i wont do the fogs, ill just get some bright normall type bulbs for them as i never use front fogs other than extream fog cnditions ,,, i will look into hooking them up to the full beam though as someone recently asked about, seemed like a cool idea for when you flash someone or want to see whats in a ditch as you dive down a road with yer fulls on

sorry can any one clear this up for me,, so many threads im confused indicator bulbs for the headlights i want to take the orange bit out,, and put silver buls in, so is it 382 opposite i need 501's?? are these rigth ,, thanks in advance

number 250461456965

I've just bought some angel eyes too, to save me dredging through old posts can anyone please remind me of the cooking instructions to seperate the headlamps, thanks.

on with the hids again,,

are these any good to get you think peeps,, 260394827646 ,, or is it really a case of you get what you pay for,,, 2 year guarentee with these,, they have digital balas like the other expensive ones do so???? any recomenations? does using hids in full bean wear them out faster w for full beam would it be better to get a decent set of halogens whats the highest wattage i can safely use on full beam

thanks

hb4 also know has h4 and same for hb3/h3 are just the size/fitment for is200, nothing to do with power/brightness, if you type hid kit in ebay you will see all different ones for rover/ford/bmw etc fitment, search hid on this site will show are the answers you mainly need, if i were you i would start off as most do and get a (i think) hb4 kit for dipped beams first, then possibly mains/fogs etc.

HB4 are tortally different to H4,.....HB4 are single beam bayonet mount, and H4 are dual filament Hi/Lo and lug fitting,hope this helps NB IS200 uses HB4 for the dip outer headlamp and HB3 for main inner lamp

thanks phill i noticed some eBay page had hi/low mentioned i did not no tht hb4 and h4 were diff thanks for the heads up on that!!!

and still as my prev posts is this ok to get or is cheap nt so good,, although the seller has convinced me with 2 year waranty etc 260394827646

thanks phill i noticed some ebay page had hi/low mentioned i did not no tht hb4 and h4 were diff thanks for the heads up on that!!!

and still as my prev posts is this ok to get or is cheap nt so good,, although the seller has convinced me with 2 year waranty etc 260394827646

All kits are ok, got mine from eBay

Hid Xenon Conversion Kit-- H1/H3/H7/9006/HB4/9005/HB3

Item Id: 120457580363

End time: 15-Aug-09 19:45:00 BST

Buyer:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links