Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do You Think Lexus Is Eager To Deal On A New 450h?

I ask this because on a recent visit to a dealership, they were not too enthusiastic about my interst in a GS 450h.

Perhaps they are selling OK in the current climate?. Maybe there are no deals to be had on 450h's even in the current economic climate?

I ask this because on a recent visit to a dealership, they were not too enthusiastic about my interst in a GS 450h.

I'd be tempted to try another dealership!!!!!

I had a similar experience with my local dealer in June/July last year when I first expressed an interest in a new IS F for October or thereabouts - they even told me they'd sold all their allocation and I'd "be lucky to get one this year".

The smirk had disappeared when I drove on to their forecourt in my sparkly new one (from Listers in Lincoln who were absolutely great to deal with) to point out to the dealer principal how well his star salesman had performed ( :tsktsk: ) and they still had two on the forecourt!

Ask around - money is money no matter how well they're selling!

I had that kind of reaction when I was looking. Salesmen at Lexus Derby didn't want to deal it seemed. They are Inchcape as is Nottingham.

Got mine from Coventry (Listers) - much more open to deals.

I take it to Derby for servicing and warranty work because the service side of things is excellent.

Malc

I had that kind of reaction when I was looking. Salesmen at Lexus Derby didn't want to deal it seemed. They are Inchcape as is Nottingham.

Got mine from Coventry (Listers) - much more open to deals.

I take it to Derby for servicing and warranty work because the service side of things is excellent.

Malc

I believe that Lincoln and Cheltenham are also Listers.

As others have said try another dealer, they all know now that they need to take every opportunity seriously as there just aren't as many people looking for new cars at the moment........(you can tell that from the number '09' plates you see around compared to previous years)

I have just purchased a year old GS450h. The Lexus dealers were an absolute waste of time (for me). If I wanted one at a decent price (and within the Glass's guide guidelines) then I had no option but to go to and independant dealer. I saved about £4k and of course, I still have the Lexus warranty, so I don't really see where Lexus have an advantage.

I know the situation is different for the OP as he does not really have a choice on where he sources a new one from, but just trying to highlight it is not just new cars they don't like to deal on.

The amazing thing is, I thought there was a recession on and that they would be 'gagging' for my business.

Gerry

Perhaps they are selling OK in the current climate?. Maybe there are no deals to be had on 450h's even in the current economic climate?

Depends on whether you are looking for new or used. For example "drivethedeal" have discounts around £5k on new, delivered to you from Lexus main dealer.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links