Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Busy Today(a Few How Too's Built In)

well i'm off to egypt on wed but i'm flying from manchester(3/4 hours drive)so i thought i'd give the old girl a good seeing too!! :winky: :winky:

diff oil change

gear oil change

engine oil and filter

full brake bleed

clutch bleed

a/c service

balanced all 4 wheels

stripped and cleaned all brakes(inc removing rear disks to inspect rear shoes)

replaced rear pads(a bit thin :ohmy: )

best three hours spent in a long time

Diff oil change.......

remove this plug first its the filler plug(one on the side of the diff i painted the plugs so they could be seen easyer)

p0108091013.jpg

you will need a 10mm allen key to remove the plugs

p010809101401.jpg

then remove the drain plug

p0108091014.jpg

p0108091016b.jpg

on the drain plug their is a magnet(collects swarf)give it a clean down. plug all dirty

p010809101601.jpg

nice clean plug

p0108091017.jpg

now replace the plug on the bottom of the diff and fill the diff till the oil comes out the fill plug(on the side)then replace the fill plug job done

p0108091022.jpg

as for the gear oil its much the same apart from you will need a 24mm spanner to remove the fill plugs(i've marked the plugs in blue)

remove the fill plug first(plug on the side of the gear box)

p0108091038.jpg

then remove the plug on the bottom

p010809103801.jpg

p0108091039.jpg

on the bottom plug their is a magnet to catch the swarf give that a wee clean too

p010809103901.jpg

p0108091041.jpg

now as with the diff fit the drain plug and fill till the oil comes out the fill plug then replace the fill plug job done.

p0108091043.jpg

as for the gear oil its much the same apart from you will need a 24mm spanner to remove the fill plugs(i've marked the plugs in blue)

remove the fill plug first(plug on the side of the gear box)

p0108091038.jpg

then remove the plug on the bottom

p010809103801.jpg

p0108091039.jpg

on the bottom plug their is a magnet to catch the swarf give that a wee clean too

p010809103901.jpg

p0108091041.jpg

now as with the diff fit the drain plug and fill till the oil comes out the fill plug then replace the fill plug job done.

p0108091043.jpg

GOOD INFO

well heres the last how too oil and filter change

remove the sump plug 14mm

p0108091048.jpg

p0108091056.jpg

now for the oil filter the best way to get at it is through the n/s front wheel arch area

p0108091049.jpg

i'm a cheat i have the propper filter tool at my work makes it easyer

p010809104901.jpg

heres my wee stubby ratchit ideal for this job

p0108091052.jpg

the filter is removed through the space you just had your arm up

p0108091053.jpg

you fit your new filter in the reverse order

remember and fit a new sump plug washer before fitting the sump plug tighten up and fill with oil job done.

p0108091057.jpg

p0108091058.jpg

to gord thanks mate that would have been good but i got a package deal i car parking(16) inc a 2 night stay at the hotel but thanks a million for the offer.

to Dimitris my is200 is ten years old matey so their will be some rust but was thinking about wire brushing it and giving it a coat of paint(its the only rusty thing under the car. :o

edeath the photos are small on my comp the size i posted is 640x480(for message boards)well thats what the uploader told me :lol:

Hey Ormi, thanks a lot for the wonderful walkthrough!

very nice job! so good to have a mechanic around here ;-)

one question, if I may ask.. the washer on the drain plug (on the sump)...where can I get them? what are they made of? metal, paper, rubber?

anyhow, thank yo uagain for these info, that's gold right there to me - and possibly a lot of other people

Good Job done Ormi. I really wish I could do these things myself, but, with my dicky hip now, + over the years my tools have been borrowed permanently by friends and relatives (lol), I just can't. So, I have to pay to get them done. Luckily I found a great place that will look after my Lexus now a bit more cheaply than the Lexus dealer.

Have a great holiday, and "shokran" for all your help.

Col...

:winky:

thanks for the nice comments people.makes taking all the photos worth while

rob i'm off to luxor mate leave on tuesday is it any good their?

• 3 weeks later...

before anyone starts ripping into changing the oils etc a few points should be noted....

oil filter - access is restricted so its a good idea to buy the filter cap tool as Ormi has in his pics or at worst get the tool with 3 legs that clamp around the filter - it will be difficult using a strap or chain.

Gearbox - FORGET about changing the oil unlesss you have a pressure or hand pump to put oil into the gearbox - NO access to put oil in from a bottle! something like this is required - eBay 350220007733

Rear Diff - you will need a length of hose and a funnel to extend from the rear diff to outside of the rear arch - fill the funnel and let gravity do the work - you can not fill it 100% using a normal sized/shaped 1 litre oil bottle OR use the above pump!

brake bleed - it is about 25 - 30 pumps between max and fill line on the reservoir and 1 litre is perfect for a full brake and cluth bleed

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links