Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Helooo all,

It's been a good 3+ years I've been having with my silver IS250 SE-L Auto. Thinking of getting the paint treated again so that it continues to shine brilliantly (when clean!).

I must admit, I paid a hefty price for Supagard when I first got the car. Does anyone know what they actually do to the paint? Had a 3 year warranty with it but not sure what it covered.

I'm looking to do something similar but am unsure of what's available out there. TBH, haven't washed my own car in years! Always had an excuse to go back to the dealers and get cleaned up for free.

I would prefer to get a professional to detail the car and give the paintwork some TLC.

Any suggestions?

According to this web site: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/caradv...ony-column.html Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection are Supaguard equivalents which only cost about £20-£25.

Good one Roger. I think I've heard of Autoglym before. Wonder if there's a valeter near me using these products.

I did find a company called 'evaletuk' - http://www.evaletuk.com/

Anyone used them before?

They've got this Pinnacle Paint Care System finished with Carnauba Wax. Haven't called them for a price yet.

A pro detailer should be able to bring your car back to looking like brand new and use the proper sealants and waxes to make the finish last a while - cost should be somewhere in the region of around £200-300 depending on the work required.

Supagard is a bit of a rip-off when you see how much the kits cost on eBay and how many cars you'd be able to apply it to with one kit :shutit:

The supagard treatment is put on via in impregnated sponge, a little search on a well know auction site and you can pick them up, it's not hard to do (instructions are included with the sponge) I did my fathers car and it shines like a new pin, oh and by the way you will not pay the earth for them as most of the cost you pay is for labour.

Hope this helps.

Helooo all,

It's been a good 3+ years I've been having with my silver IS250 SE-L Auto. Thinking of getting the paint treated again so that it continues to shine brilliantly (when clean!).

I must admit, I paid a hefty price for Supagard when I first got the car. Does anyone know what they actually do to the paint? Had a 3 year warranty with it but not sure what it covered.

I'm looking to do something similar but am unsure of what's available out there. TBH, haven't washed my own car in years! Always had an excuse to go back to the dealers and get cleaned up for free.

I would prefer to get a professional to detail the car and give the paintwork some TLC.

Any suggestions?

i use the carlack system at a cost of about £25 which is very good and better imo than supaguard,others to consider are zaino and jeffs acrylic.all three are synthetic paint sealants and will give the best shine and protection even against bird waste etching.take a look at, clean your car .co.uk and polished bliss to name but two,good luck.

Thanks for all your comments guys. It's really been helpful.

After having checked out the detailing and Care section, I'm gonna try n contact Toughseal to see what they can do.

I'm not just looking for showroom shine, more like protecting the paint for another 3+ years.

Will provide an update when I finally get something done!

Cheers ...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links