Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Extended Warranty?

Can any one recommend a warranty company?? i just want to get some prices from some different ones.

Its got to be equivilant to manufacturers warranty.

I remember someone saying about one in a thread but cant remember where it was.

Thanks.

:)

There are several but 1 of the best is Warranty Direct. One thing to bear in mind though is that any diagnostic work to find a fault is not normally covered by warranty companies whereas the manufacturer extended warranty will cover this and will give the full RAC cover.

Out of interest, if you get a quote from Warranty Direct they will always drop the price a couple of times if you say you are looking elsewhere and will usually offer a free upgrade to next level of cover.

just seen this advice

HERE

i got a £200per year warranty direct policy when i first got the car instead of an RAC inspection - did not cover any suspension. But everything else including putting in a % of the cost for wear and tear

Did you need to claim on it at all? They do seem to be one of the better warranty suppliers with various cover levels.

Can any one recommend a warranty company?? i just want to get some prices from some different ones.

Its got to be equivilant to manufacturers warranty.

I remember someone saying about one in a thread but cant remember where it was.

Thanks.

:)

I can recommend Warranty Direct. I have been with them for a few years and when i had to make a claim there was no fuss. I have a warranty through them for my GS300 and for the 'Luxury Car' it came to £400. This covers absolutely everything. Do an online quote and wait for them to ring you to get it cheaper!

I can recommend Warranty Direct. I have been with them for a few years and when i had to make a claim there was no fuss. I have a warranty through them for my GS300 and for the 'Luxury Car' it came to £400. This covers absolutely everything. Do an online quote and wait for them to ring you to get it cheaper!

But you don't need the cover yet since you have only had your car for 5 months.

Just to offer the alternative POV on this.

I know you can 'save' money by buying an alternative product from a third party company. However do not under estimate the comprehensive nature of the Lexus product. Apart from being painless (from filing to claiming to getting the work authorised) let me give you an example from my own experience (you can search the RX forum on my claims history for my RX) the auto dimming drivers' side wing mirror stopped working so Lexus replaced the entire unit - including the housing (which had to be painted) and the glass itself which failed - would the Third Party Warranty cover this? I think not as many would exclude glass from their coverage and certainly wouldn't pay for the housing to be painted.

Do not underestimate the value of the Lexus product it is very good.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links