Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

have you got a durability update on that ceramiclear paint job of yours?

It was only on the front lip, front bumper and the grille surround but I can report it's standing up to the road rash a lot better than the OEM paint. Small stones and crap still mark the clear coat but not so much and it doesn't chip like the original. Quite pleased, and may have the bonnet done when it needs it. B)

have you got a durability update on that ceramiclear paint job of yours?

It was only on the front lip, front bumper and the grille surround but I can report it's standing up to the road rash a lot better than the OEM paint. Small stones and crap still mark the clear coat but not so much and it doesn't chip like the original. Quite pleased, and may have the bonnet done when it needs it. B)

thank's for that tango,is my memory correct ,are you in the oil industry and are you aside interested in shares.

thank's for that tango,is my memory correct ,are you in the oil industry and are you aside interested in shares.

Yes I am, but think you'd better send me a pm :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
where did u get the ceramiclear job done tango?

One of the local bodyshops did the Ceramiclear. I could have attempted it myself as have most of the facilities, but decided to leave it to someone with a lot more experience. I believe it's a standard finish for Mercedes and possibly Nissan?

Slightly random but while washing the car at the weekend, I noticed that my bonnet is littered with stone chips, but my bumper doesn't really have any on it.

Is that normally the case due to the fact that the bumper is plastic and therefore flexible, or have I just been really lucky?

The bumper has been on the car less time so has had less wear on it, but it's still been on 4 years so probably long enough that there should be some.

One of the local bodyshops did the Ceramiclear. I could have attempted it myself as have most of the facilities, but decided to leave it to someone with a lot more experience. I believe it's a standard finish for Mercedes and possibly Nissan?

ya nissan is def. ceramiclear. did u do a full paintjob?

ya nissan is def. ceramiclear. did u do a full paintjob?

No, just front bumper, front spoiler and grill surround. The bonnet has a few chips which I have filled with the usual OEM touch up kit, but I think a Ceramiclear coat would have stopped the chipping if it had been applied instead of the Lexus standard clearcoat.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links