Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Vs Turbo

Hi,my name is Paddy i'm new to the LOC,i have a 01 red IS200 sport and am currently thinking of performance mods,

theres so much free space in that engine bay it seems like a shame to let it go to waste :lol:

I was considering a supercharger or a turbo,i have heard the superchargers can be quite stressful on the engine,is this true ?

are there any long term effects of having a charger or turbo installed and which would you guys recommend for an IS200,i know the charger will give more power but im just wonderin in general which is better suited to the car ??

Do you guys know any people in Ireland north/south with experience in fitting these to IS200's or would i have to take it to the UK to get the job done ?

Thanks for any info,

cheers,

Paddy

Let me be the first to suggest a search as it is a common topic.

But failing that, if you are near belfast anytime let me know. I have had mine SC'd with NOS, then turbo'd, then fitted with 2jz-gte. Another member on here with a currently SC'd IS lives just down the road from me too.

Let me be the first to suggest a search as it is a common topic.

But failing that, if you are near belfast anytime let me know. I have had mine SC'd with NOS, then turbo'd, then fitted with 2jz-gte. Another member on here with a currently SC'd IS lives just down the road from me too.

haha u really went balls to the wall eh ?

what kinda power u runnin at now?

do you need any other engine mods for the charger to run well ?

how much ya talkin for a SC bought and installed ?

Aye hey id love ta take a wee spin up to ya sometime n check it out if ya dont mind ?

Cheers for your help

i have a supercharger and only reason why i went for the supercharger is because its easier to install and easier to come by and more reliable than a turbo.

your talking around £2000 for a supercharger and could be fitted by yourself. i got mines fitted for £300 which was good

i have a supercharger and only reason why i went for the supercharger is because its easier to install and easier to come by and more reliable than a turbo.

your talking around £2000 for a supercharger and could be fitted by yourself. i got mines fitted for £300 which was good

Alright cool thats great thanks for the info,think its time to go shopping so :)

If you find a SC mate. There are very rare.

Alright cheers mate,

just a question,have you had any bother since u had it installed/anything to watch out for ??

Im very interested to get the hp up a bit

any recommendations of where to go looking for a charger ?

ATM moment the supercharging is your best bet (if you can get hold of the TTE kit) as it is bolt on. The kit will give you 205Bhp stock but has been raised in the past to about 230Bhp with a new 6-2-1 manifold and a piggyback ecu.

However a turbo systems is being developed by SPC Horsham and I know they allready sell a very tasty looking Turbo Manifold (seen it in the flesh) so an off the shelf turbo system is looking like it may become the power mod of choice soon for the 200.

I've had no engine problems yet with the charger installed as it is a Toyota Tuning Europe part and is designed to be bolt on so is within tolerance of the engine. I know Monster Mat had it fitted by TTE themselves and Lexus allowed him to keep his warranty.

ATM moment the supercharging is your best bet (if you can get hold of the TTE kit) as it is bolt on. The kit will give you 205Bhp stock but has been raised in the past to about 230Bhp with a new 6-2-1 manifold and a piggyback ecu.

However a turbo systems is being developed by SPC Horsham and I know they allready sell a very tasty looking Turbo Manifold (seen it in the flesh) so an off the shelf turbo system is looking like it may become the power mod of choice soon for the 200.

I've had no engine problems yet with the carger installed as it is a Toyota Tuning Europe part and is designed to be bolt on so is within tolerance of the engine. I know Monster Mat had it fitted by TTE themselves and Lexus allowed him to keep his warranty.

Alright,thats great thanks for the info,i would rather have a tte one installed alright as its bolt on as u said and within the limits of the car,i have heard tdi to rotrex chargers too,have you any experience with them or their performance,i hear they give more hp,but maybe they arent as good for the car as tte one

Do you have any ideas what kind of performance increase this turbo system by SPC will produce?? sounds v interesting

In general which is better for the car turbo or charger ?

Thanks for your help mate,appreciate it,

lookin forward to gettin my lexus mod'd

As ASI says some people reccomend changing to IK22 sparkplugs rather than IK20 as they are more reliable due to lower heat but I've had no problems on my IK20s. In fact with IK22s my car wouldn't start but that may have been poor fitting by myself :blush:

As ASI says some people reccomend changing to IK22 sparkplugs rather than IK20 as they are more reliable due to lower heat but I've had no problems on my IK20s. In fact with IK22s my car wouldn't start but that may have been poor fitting by myself :blush:

Thanks edeath :)

I think i gotta try source myself a tte charger first though wont b easy i think :(

any ideas where would be my best place to start looking for one of them ?

if i was you i would change to ik22s becuase the charger produce alot of heat and it could break the spark plug into the engine which is alot fo money to fix.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links