Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone aware of any recall issues on 2006 GS450h??

I phoned my local dealer for a random enquiry and he told me the car has a recall issue with the rear brakes and the steering rack. :crybaby:

I didn't get any letters and nor is it listed on the Vosa website...

Anyway.. This was a week ago and my car has had the repairs done. I just thought I'd let you guys know incase you are not aware. My cars on a 56 plate.

Regards

I phoned my local dealer for a random enquiry and he told me the car has a recall issue with the rear brakes and the steering rack. :crybaby:

Anyway.. This was a week ago and my car has had the repairs done. I just thought I'd let you guys know incase you are not aware. My cars on a 56 plate.

Regards

Had mine done some time back. It's not a recall it's an "upgrade" or "modification" that way you don't have to put it on the VOSA site....seems a little cynical but what the heck.

Mine's a 56 plate also. I think this subject has been well covered in another thread.

Regards

Had mine done some time back. It's not a recall it's an "upgrade" or "modification" that way you don't have to put it on the VOSA site....seems a little cynical but what the heck.

Mine's a 56 plate also. I think this subject has been well covered in another thread.

Did the dealer re set your tracking ? saw recently one not tracked so it destroyed £400 worth of front tyres ! mime was properly done by Bracknell.

Regards

II posted a few weeks ago when the Power Steering failed on my '06 GS450h. My car has covered less than 6,000 miles in almost 3 years, so a warning to any other owners that it can fail at any time and without warning.

I had just been to my dealer to have some small warranty work undertaken, drove home and parked locally. I went back to the car an hour later only to find no power assistance. I rang my dealer where the technician explained that it’s a known problem caused by the power steering motor failing.

As it was a Saturday and the service department would be closing by mid afternoon, rather than wait for a recovery vehicle I elected to drive the car back to them myself. I journey that should take about 45 minutes at the most turned into 2 hours thanks to road closures and horrendous traffic. All the while with no power steering :crybaby:!!!!! In fact thanks to the traffic I ended up leaving the car at the showroom which is located a couple of miles from the Service, where fortunately the manager was able to loan me a courtesy car. It turns out that because I drove the car to the dealer, I would not be entitled to a loan car via the RAC as they had not recovered the vehicle themselves.

Thankfully my car was fixed and ready for collection the following Tuesday.

To sum up it seems not even Lexus is immune to major mechanical failure. Also it seems there are quite a few 06 cars that have been missed in any notification campaign, so anyone buying a used car should check whether the work has already been carried out.

Regards

Keith.

End of May the power steering on my 06 GS300 failed. I was reversing onto the drive and the steering went incredibly heavy.

I was about to collect wife/kids and drive down to airport for holiday in Florida for two weeks.

Left keys with Lexus IOM; they collected the car and carried out the repair whilst we were away. Car was on drive fixed when I returned.

I seem to recall they said they was an electronics problem with the steering and a recall was immenient.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links