Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Polished Lex

Im having my front bumper (same as yours) and wing and bonnet sprayed soon, so was thinking of machine polishing the rest of the car to match. What did you use? Any tips?

I polish boats in work regularly, but thats gel coat and not paint. I've got a big proffesional machine and and a cutting sponge, polishing sponge, and lambs wool heads.

Car looks good

Gareth

i used poorboys ssr2 swirl remover.then sonus sfx3 final finish from ultimate finish.co.uk.i then used harley wax by hand to finish off with.start with thecutting sponge and ssr2 to remove the swirl marks .i sprayed a little water on the paintwork as i went to stop the polish drying to quickly.do a pannel at a time and try not to linger to long at the edges .i used tape to mask of the edges of the pannel i had finished.steady as you go .polish away.some minor scratches needed a second going over.when your happy swap to the soft polishing sponge and sfx3 and go over the pannels with it just to give it a deep shine.finally go over with the wax by hand.stand back and admire your work. good luck.

i agree with you .it isnt a 100% match but when you see it in the flesh you dont notice it as much.it came to me second hand and already painted .lexus told me a while ago that in 1999 they had another shade of silver.then after 99 they changed the shade to platinum ice.i will maybe check with them to see if this is true.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links