Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mot - Fail. Boooooo!

Balsca

Well went to nationwide autocentre with confidence that it would pass!

Lower ball joint has too much play apparently :( Ive not noticed any knocking or anything but oh hum.

Bit wary about how much they didnt want to give my car back tho :P

They quoted me £200 to change the it and tracking, and £150 if i wanted the other one done. Seems a bit steep to me so ive ordered a couple for £50 a piece. Pretty sure i can get another garage to fit them cheap.

Anyway, came home feeling all moody to find that I got my gold membership thru the post today :) Gonna put some stickers on tomorrow :)

Iain

bet if you had went to lexus or toyota it would have been cheaper get the ball joints go to the said garages and you could get them fitted for approx 1hr's labour(toyota's labour is cheaper)then go back to ripoffwide and get your new mot.

i really don't know why people go to these places they are basicly tyre and exhaust fitters same as kwik fit bonus on parts sales.

Yeah i wouldnt get any work carried out at places like that, I just went there cos the MOT was £27.

Id imagine it would be about £100 to put them on, but i like the idea of doing them myself, could really do with not spending £100, Its insurance renewal time, and got a bloody parking ticket!

Might check out halfrauds tomorrow for a joint splitter (almost put ball splitter - ouch) and a breaker bar and do it myself!

Quck Question, my Steering has started feeling heavy i think (could be cos my new fiesta is so light) could this be why?

Iain

Yeah i wouldnt get any work carried out at places like that, I just went there cos the MOT was £27.

Id imagine it would be about £100 to put them on, but i like the idea of doing them myself, could really do with not spending £100, Its insurance renewal time, and got a bloody parking ticket!

Might check out halfrauds tomorrow for a joint splitter (almost put ball splitter - ouch) and a breaker bar and do it myself!

Quck Question, my Steering has started feeling heavy i think (could be cos my new fiesta is so light) could this be why?

Iain

check your tyre pressures and also check your power steering belt.

ball joints are very simple mate but get a axle stand and a trollie jack why??jack your car up rest the car on the axle stand take out the split pin and loosen the ball joint bolt now 9 times out of ten the ball joint will spin with the nut....if it does get your trollie jack and put the jack under the suspension arm and jack up till your putting pressure on the suspension arm.that will stop the ball joint spinning and the nut will come off.it should take you no more than half a hour for the pair.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links