Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked Up My Is250 Sel

Picked up my 07 IS 250 SE-L MM Auto this afternoon and i'm absolutely over the moon with it. Just a couple of questions

1. Should there be another cup holder inside the centre front armrest? I'm pretty sure I saw one in there when we viewed the car

2. When you open the door at night to get out of the car, should the light under the wing mirror illuminate? It turns on when you approach the car when the car is locked but im sure i read in the brochure that it also turns on when you leave the car?

3. My locking wheel nuts are rusted. Should this be covered by the manufacturers warranty?

Thanks again for your time

FA

P.S I cant believe how good the Mark Levinson system is!

Hello FA,

Speaking as an owner of an 07 IS250 SE...

1. I have a cup holder under the centre armrest at the front.

2. Getting out my car tonight the wing mirror light did not come on. It certainly does when its dark and you get near to the door with the key fob as you say. You don't need to unlock the door.

3. I would certainly get the rusted wheel nuts replaced under warranty.

Yes, the ML system is fantastic and I have now started listening to music again.

Thanks.

All being sorted by the dealer later this week. Just a few more questions if anyone would be so kind to answer.

1. I thought that the headlights were Bi Xenons. It even states in the brochure that unlike conventional Xenon headlights, the Bi Xenon headlights uses a Xenon high beam. However, the high beam on my IS 250 looks like a halogen bulb in colour compared to the Xenon bulb in the projector for the main light. Is this the fact that the high beam uses a lower k rating bulb giving it a more yellowish colour? or does the IS really only come with single xenons? ...on the other hand, could I just be talking rubbish!?

2. Is there any way of disabling the warning disclaimer on the sat nav so that you don't have to press OK every time you start the car?

Thanks again

I wonder the same about the high beam. I was thinking to ask dealer on my next visit...

Also, when you switch the head light to night mode the light get weaker than day mode. Don't really like it... Some one can explain why? :huh:

And according to the dealer there is no way you can get rid of the start up warning. :blink:

I wonder the same about the high beam. I was thinking to ask dealer on my next visit...

Also, when you switch the head light to night mode the light get weaker than day mode. Don't really like it... Some one can explain why? :huh:

And according to the dealer there is no way you can get rid of the start up warning. :blink:

Well that answers another one of my questions being if the Bi Xenon headlights were only fitted to the latest SE-L models, but with yours being an 09 model i guess that is not the case. They must be Bi Xenons if Lexus have advertised them as just that????

Not quite sure what you mean about the night an day mode. Are you on about the interior dash board lights getting weaker when you turn on the headlight?

I cant beleive there is no way of disabling that start up warning!

Well that answers another one of my questions being if the Bi Xenon headlights were only fitted to the latest SE-L models, but with yours being an 09 model i guess that is not the case. They must be Bi Xenons if Lexus have advertised them as just that????

Not quite sure what you mean about the night an day mode. Are you on about the interior dash board lights getting weaker when you turn on the headlight?

About the day/night mode... You can switch the lights to night mode by turn the "light nob" 2 step forward and just before "Auto". This dims the dash board, change the colour of the Nav screen and lights up all texts om the buttons when you are driving at night. But, I found that it "dims" the Xenon low beam as well. When in this mode the Xenon low beam is not as white/bright as in day mode. I have no idea why it does this and I don't really like it. :yawn:

About the day/night mode... You can switch the lights to night mode by turn the "light nob" 2 step forward and just before "Auto". This dims the dash board, change the colour of the Nav screen and lights up all texts om the buttons when you are driving at night. But, I found that it "dims" the Xenon low beam as well. When in this mode the Xenon low beam is not as white/bright as in day mode. I have no idea why it does this and I don't really like it. :yawn:

I dont think my car has its lights on during the day. They only come on if i turn them on myself or when they are on auto and its dark enough for them to come on. Do the new IS's come with Daylight running lights then or am i completely confused?

Any other IS 250 SE-L owners notice that their high beam is a yellow colour compared to the dipped beam? The car is going in on Thursday so would like to know if this is normal on the SE-L with regards to the Bi Xenons or if its something that needs to be fixed as the high beam should be as white/blue as the projector dipped beam?

Thanks again

Any other IS 250 SE-L owners notice that their high beam is a yellow colour compared to the dipped beam? The car is going in on Thursday so would like to know if this is normal on the SE-L with regards to the Bi Xenons or if its something that needs to be fixed as the high beam should be as white/blue as the projector dipped beam?

Thanks again

No one with an SE-L can confirm this?

this should be normal, i cannot confirm as none of my bulbs are stock, but the more yellow the light the lower the kelvin rating and thus the more light that is produced. safety is more important than looks, since its the high beams you want more light hence you use them. as for the dimming issue not too sure all i know is that with the afs system it not only adjusts the beam left right up down but also the brightness of the lights atumatically depending on how much light the is outside.

also about the Xenon high beams. i think what it means is that it also uses the Xenon dipped as high beams. cant remember where i read this but the is has 4 high beams, ive been meaning to check this by unplugging the main high beams and seeing if the xenons adjust their beams, its late now so will try this tommorrow night and let you know whether this is true.

just done a quick test, unplugged the drivers side high beam leaving the passenger still plugged in and flicked the switch. and as i said before the low beam Xenon also turned on with the high beam. will upload a video onto youtube and provide link but not untill the night. i'll still have to check if the beam pattern alters as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links